WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DIVERSE OPPORTUNITIES THAT AWAIT YOU AS A CYBER-THREAT FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR (CTFI) BOARD CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL. FIND A FULFILLING CAREER IN THE GROWING FIELD OF CYBER-SECURITY & INVESTIGATIONS!
The Cyber-Threat Forensic Investigator (CTFI): provides students the essential domain knowledge required to serve in decision-making roles throughout the cyber-security industry. Students will learn how to analyze cyber-security risks, develop appropriate protection & response options, and assess operational requirements for government, military, critical infrastructure, retail and commercial missions. Upon completing the board certification, students will possess advanced knowledge of the strategy, policy, investigation, intelligence, prosecution and analytic aspects of cyber-security, enabling them to fill critical roles in operational cyber-security investigative missions supporting both retail and governmental entities.
“The CTFI is a subject matter expert on cyber threats, investigations, forensic examination & prosecution”
The McAfee Institute has found that cyber-security work involves more than traditional IT skills. Cyber security work also includes the identification, investigation, prosecution, root cause analysis, trends and intelligence / counterintelligence methodologies to understand how perpetrators think, act and carry out their attacks. By becoming a CTFI you will possess a wide array of technical IT skills as well as advanced investigative, intelligence, counterintelligence, prosecution and analytical capabilities.
There are thousands of cyber-security jobs across the country, so opportunity abounds! The field will grow 22% by 2020 and according to the NICCS Cybersecurity Professionals Salaries can range between $70,000 -$118,000 and up!
Students will be able to:
- Discuss in depth the origins, nature, and current issues in cyber-security and its related activities using precise terminology
- Apply a range of cyber intelligence and investigative concepts to mitigate risks in cyber-security operations and prosecute instances of attacks
- Develop and apply decision frameworks using the guidelines of cyber-security, investigations ethics, law, and strategy
- Design strategies for development of an effective cyber-security, intelligence, and investigation workforce
- Analyze technical and operational requirements for future cyber-security & investigation systems
- Compare and contrast international cyber-security and investigation policies, strategies, and capabilities
- Identify the missions, authorities, and responsibilities of key cyber-security organizations within the international community
- Apply the theory of cyber deterrence in developing future cyber-security strategies and policies
- Analyze and apply lessons from prominent international cyber-security case studies, investigations and prosecutions
The CTFI Supports the National Cyber-Security Workforce Framework (Homeland Security)
The goal of the McAfee Institute CTFI Board Certification is to prepare students for a successful career upon graduation. A resource that helps our students prepare for these types of careers is our partnership with the National Cyber-Security Workforce Framework led by Homeland Security.
Our CTFI program adheres to these guidelines and learning to ensure you receive the industries best training available. It plays an important role for future cyber-security professionals by providing information on hands-on learning, internship opportunities, and outlining key cyber-security knowledge and skills.
Official CTFI e-Courseware: ($1797 Value)
Official CTFI Online Exam License: ($997 Value)
Official CTFI Prep Review Quizzes: ($450 Value)
Official CTFI Digital Study Guide: ($350 Value)
Credential Earned: Board Certification
Availability: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
Nationally Recognized Credential: NASBA, NICE & More
Live Mentors: Available 9-6PM CST via Chat
Bonus Items for Enrolling Today:
Exam Guarantee: Pass it or try again on us! Conditions Apply (Value $997)
KeepSake: Diploma, Padded Cover, Transcripts (Value $300)
Unlimited Access to our New Career Center: (Value$1200)
Unlimited Coaching and Mentoring: (Value $2400)
Maintaining the Credential:
You have to renew the board certification every two years, once you are certified. The cost is $125 for an additional two years. CPE requirements are listed here.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in investigations, computers, loss prevention, fraud, law enforcement, I.T Security or
- Associates degree and 5 years of experience or
- High School Diploma and 7 years of experience.
In addition, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CTFI®. Applicant must provide a copy of certified transcript of education ONLY if using college degree rather than experience to qualify.
Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process.
Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a CTFI.