OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS, THE WORLD HAS EXPERIENCED A NEED FOR COMPETENT PROFESSIONALS WHO CAN EFFECTIVELY MANAGE COMPLEX CYBER ISSUES THAT THREATEN THE ASSETS, INFORMATION, AND PEOPLE OF OUR ORGANIZATIONS, POLICE DEPARTMENTS, GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND ALIKE.
To meet this need, the McAfee Institute administers the Certified Cyber Intelligence Investigator (CCIP). This remarkable group of professionals has demonstrated their competency in the areas of cyber intelligence, investigations, prosecution, management, leadership and industry best practice’s through an intensive qualification and testing program.
As a result, each of them is awarded the coveted designation of CCIP and is recognized as leaders in their respective professions.
The CCIP is the leading industry certification for law enforcement, loss prevention, private investigators, and fraud professionals. The skills that you will learn by studying for the CCIP will help you conduct and manage cyber investigations and critical intelligence-gathering missions quicker than ever before, with more accuracy.
You will learn how to identify your person of interest, conduct timely cyber investigations, and methodologies to prosecute cybercriminals regardless of their location. Most importantly you will learn how to design, implement and manage a cyber program and team within your organization, agency or department as well.
You will learn topics such as cyber investigations, mobile & digital forensics, e-commerce fraud, auction fraud, hacking, intelligence gathering, social media investigative methodologies, legal fundamentals and more!
The CCIP was Developed in Conjunction with the Dept. of Homeland Security's National Cyber-Security Workforce Framework.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned to jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
- Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.
Now is the Time... Join the Ranks of the Industry's most Elite Cyber Professionals!
I cannot urge you enough to invest in yourself and your future while learning some amazing stuff along the way. Earning the industry's top certification is rigorous, challenging, and incredibly fun!
Trust me when I tell you that we are going to blow your mind and teach you things that you never thought possible! It starts with the impossible and ends with the remarkable!
• Welcome to CCIP
• Understanding the Manual
• Cyber Intelligence (Overview)
• Intro to Cyber Investigations
• Social Media Investigations
• Advanced Social Media Investigations
• Auction Fraud Investigations
• Advanced Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies
• Classified Investigation Methodologies
• Exploring the Deep Web
• Advanced Searching
• Identification of Deception in Social Media
• Open Source Intelligence
• Understanding the Perpetrator
• Cell Phone & Mobile Device Forensics
• Advanced Cell Phone & Mobile Device Forensics
• Chatting up Your Person of Interest
• What do we do with Dating Sites
• How to Utilize Informants
• Program Design and Development
• Cyber Investigations 101
• Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
• Digital Evidence
• Law Enforcement Partnerships
• Documenting Social Media Evidence
• Final Board Exam
DOWNLOAD THE SYLLABUS BELOW
Want to learn more about the CCIP? Within this program, you are going to discover cutting-edge techniques and real-world training in cyber intelligence and position yourself as an industry-recognized expert after the completion of this incredible Certification Program. Download the complete syllabus here.
Exam Details Program - is graded on a pass/fail system by obtaining a 70% or better is considered a passing grade. The exam is taken online at the convenience of your home or office. It is a closed book exam and is 200 questions. The questions are in a true/false, multiple-choice & scenario-based format. It is a timed exam, you get 3 hours to complete the exam and you must do so in one sitting. Once you start the exam you must complete it. You get one attempt to pass the exam. If you fail the exam you must purchase a new exam license to sit for the exam.
You can purchase an exam license here for $997 USD separately to sit for the exam if you don't buy the training bundle.
The cost is $125 for an additional two years and requires proof of completion of 25 CPE credits.
Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three years of experience in investigations, IT, fraud, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and loss prevention
Associates degree plus four years of experience as stated above,
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience as stated above.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud, or the like shall be ineligible to become a CCIP. The applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a CCIP.
What if I do not meet the eligibility requirements?
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements above that's OK! We offer a qualified program where you can get the same great training and earn a "Qualified" credential. Then when you meet the eligibility all you need to do is return and purchase the Certified Exam License to sit for the exam and earn your "Certified" credential. (Click image below for more information)
What if I don’t want to attend the training program. Can I just sit for the exam?
You do not need to attend our training programs to sit for the board exam.
If you are interested in sitting for the exam only to become a Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional (CCIP), you may obtain an exam license to do so. Exam licenses are valid for one year after purchase. Click the image below to purchase.
If you are interested in the Cyber Intelligence Professional training only, you may do so by enrolling in the Qualified Cyber Intelligence Professional (Q|CIP) program. Upon completion of the Qualified Cyber Intelligence Professional (Q|CIP) training program, you will receive a certificate of completion. Click the image below to find out more.