It's because they train with us!
The Best of the Best from the FBI, Secret Service, DOJ, Homeland Security, and thousands more attend this incredible board certification program each year to enhance their skill-sets, knowledge, & credibility, and we would love for you to become an SMIA today!
The Q|SMIA Online Training Program will keep you on the edge of your seat teaching you the most advanced and state-of-the-art intelligence and investigative methodologies employed by our nation's most elite cyber investigators! We are taking over 25 years of hands-on experience from the Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement Levels and Military Intelligence Sectors conducting social media investigations and sharing with you, our insights into what contributes to their success and failures.
The Q|SMIA™ credential is tough and demanding, but fun to study. You will learn and grow with this phenomenal certification, and even better yet, it's all online. There are no boring theory lectures here. It’s all how-to-based tutorials, videos, and personal mentorship which helps you to actually utilize the learning’s coming from the training program and be highly effective in your organization and/or agency as you progress.
The Q|SMIA™ Training program contains ten modules which are consistent with the competencies needed to pass the renowned SMIA™ exam. The modules are self-study available at your own pace and schedule. Study as you see fit, anywhere, and at any time.
WHAT AM I GOING TO LEARN
- You will learn how to investigate & gather intelligence on the top social media platforms around the world.
- You will learn the proper ways of securing digital evidence
- You will learn all of the legal fundamentals both criminally and civilly in conducting social media investigations.
- Introduction to SMIA FREE PREVIEW
- Course Guide
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- Code of Ethics
- Supplemental Resources
- SMIA Study Manual
- Social Media Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Basic Social Media Intro
- Facebook Search
- Locating People on Facebook
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Search Tool
- Facebook Private Profile Information
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Mobile App
- YouTube Search
- Pre Review Quiz: Social Media Investigations
- An Overview of Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Defining Open Source Intelligence
- Anatomy of Social Media
- Domain Names
- Username Workflow
- Search Engines
- Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Intro to Mobile Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Acquisition
- Mobile Forensics Examination & Analysis
- Procedures and Principles
- Mobile Phone Acquisition/Examination/Reporting (Reading Assignment)
- Social Media Apps
- Facebook Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Twitter Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Instagram Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Kik Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Phone File System (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Video Chat Platforms
- Skype Sign Up
- Web Platform and Features
- Skype App and Searching
- Google Hangouts Intro
- Google Plus
- Hangouts Tutorial
- Google Hangouts Mobile
- Oovoo Chat Window
- Prep Review Quiz: Chatting Up Your Person of Interest
- Dating Site Introduction
- Doing a Basic Search on Plenty of Fish
- Plenty of Fish Advanced Search
- Searching for a Username on Plenty of Fish
- Searching the Forums in Plenty of Fish
- Match.com Login and Overview
- Match.com Search Functions
- What about Google Site Search
- Prep Review Quiz: Dating Sites
- Legal Fundamentals (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Legal Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Role as a Corporate Investigator
- Understanding Your Employees Rights
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Understanding Law Enforcement Concerns
- An Agent of the Law
- Federal Laws to Prosecute CyberCrimes
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Summary
- Becoming an Expert Witness FREE PREVIEW
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Prep Review Quiz: Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
- Preparing For The Exam
- Board Exam Purchase
> You must be free from pending felony charges or convictions (or military equivalent of court martial charges and/or convictions).
> You must be free from pending misdemeanor charges or convictions involving moral turpitude ("moral turpitude" means an offense that calls into question the integrity or judgment of the offender, such as fraud, bribery, corruption, theft, embezzlement, solicitation, etc.).
However, If you wish to sit for the board exam upon completion of the qualified program you would need to meet the following eligibility criteria below:
Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of experience in fraud, investigations, IT, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and/or loss prevention or
Associates degree plus two years of experience as stated above or
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience as stated above
In addition, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become an SMIA®. Applicant must provide a copy of the certified transcript of education ONLY if using college degree rather than experience to qualify. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed criminal background check. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Social Media Intelligence Analyst.