Resident / Event Code of Conduct
McAfee Institute (M.I.) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for all resident/event participants as defined below.
Any participant regardless of:
- Race or ethnicity
- Religion or political affiliation
- Gender, or gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation, or
- Any other distinguishing characteristic
should feel welcome and safe at any McAfee Institute training event.
This Code of Conduct applies to all event attendees, presenters, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, contractors, other service providers, and McAfee Institute staff (“participant”) at any event, meeting, conference, forum, social event, or meeting-related event, including those sponsored by organizations other than McAfee Institute but held in conjunction with McAfee Institute events in which they participate (an “event”). As such, McAfee Institute expects that participants at events will:
- Remain positive and welcoming to others
- Recognize that an event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals
- Be inclusive of others
- Be alert and report any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech immediately to the contacts set forth below
- Respect the specific rules and policies of the event, and
- Otherwise uphold the reputation of McAfee Institute
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, threatening, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct
- Inappropriate physical contact (e.g., unwelcome sexual advances, groping, sexual assault);
- Physical stalking or written, verbal, or other abuse.
Whether such behavior constitutes unacceptable behavior as defined above shall be determined by McAfee Institute and its representatives, in their sole discretion. McAfee Institute takes matters of such unacceptable behavior in any form seriously.