The Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (CORCI™) Board Certification is the industry’s leading certification that focuses on the identification, investigation, and prosecution of Organized Retail Crime. Join the ranks of the industry's best Organized Retail Crime Investigators today and establish your expertise and credibility by earning your CORCI™ credential and designation.
We will teach you how to investigate and prosecute the most complex types of ORC to hit our industry. The CORCI™ credential is tough and demanding, but fun to study for. You will learn and grow with this phenomenal certification program which will keep you on the edge of your seat and even better yet, it’s all online. There are no boring theory lectures here. It’s all how-to-based tutorials, videos, and personal mentorship which helps you to actually utilize the learning’s coming from the training program and be highly effective in your organization and/or agency as you progress.
This program was developed by the industries best organized retail crime investigators, loss prevention, law enforcement, e-commerce fraud, and legal professionals. These professionals are the very people that mentor you along the way.
Join our community, more importantly, our family of industry leaders and take your career to new heights by becoming a CORCI™ today! You earn 35 CPE credits for completing this program. The modules are self-study available at your own pace and schedule. Study as you see fit, anywhere, and at any time.
The Experience: We provide a blended online learning environment in which you will learn from live instructors and or you can complete the course with self-paced video-based how-to lessons. You will learn how to investigate and prosecute instances of ORC at the Store Level, Distribution Level, eCommerce Level and more through these interactive videos, investigative assignments, discussion boards, instructor feedback, and student collaboration. The learnings and experience in the CORCI Board Certification are unmatched. You are bound to enhance your current skillset whether you have been in the industry for 40 years or you are just starting.
There is no better time than now to take your career and expertise to a whole new level this year! ORC continues to grow and plague our industry with a devastating impact on our profitability and the safety of our employees. Become a McAfee Institute Board Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (CORCI™) Today!
CORCI SUPPORTS THE NATIONAL CYBER-SECURITY WORKFORCE FRAMEWORK (HOMELAND SECURITY)
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned to jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
- Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.
NOW IS THE TIME...
I cannot urge you enough to invest in yourself and your future while learning some really neat stuff along the way. Earning the industry's top certification is rigorous, challenging, and extremely fun! Trust me when I tell you that we are going to blow your mind and teach you things that you never thought possible! It starts with the impossible and ends with the remarkable!
• Introduction to ORC Investigations
• Intro to Cyber Investigations
• Auction Fraud Investigations
• Advanced Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies
• Social Media Investigations
• Open Source Intelligence
• Organized Retail Crime Overview
• Organized Retail Crime Fraud Schemes
• Booster Operations
• Fencing Operations
• Organized Retail Crime Investigations
• Organized Retail Crime Investigations Part II
• Surveillance Methods
• Legal Fundamentals
• Final Board Exam
- Exam Pass Guarantee - We do offer an exam pass guarantee which states if you take and complete the entire course and get 90% or better on all of the quizzes, and then sit for the exam and fail you will get another single attempt on us.
- Exam Details Program - is graded on a pass/fail system by obtaining a 70% or better is considered a passing grade. The exam is taken online at the convenience of your home or office. It is a closed book exam and is 200 questions. The questions are in a true/false, multiple-choice & scenario-based format. It is a timed exam, you get 3 hours to complete the exam and you must do so in one sitting. Once you start the exam you must complete it. You get one attempt to pass the exam. If you fail the exam you must purchase a new exam license to sit for the exam.
Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of experience in organized retail crime, eCommerce, fraud, investigations, IT, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and/or loss prevention or other similar fields
Associates degree plus two years of experience
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience or a minimum of two years experience as a full-time faculty member at an accredited educational institution.
In addition, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CORCI™. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (CORCI).
The cost is $125 for an additional two years and requires proof of completion of 20 CPE credits.
Want to learn more about the CORCI? Within this program, you are going to discover cutting-edge techniques and real-world training in organized retail crime and position yourself as an industry-recognized expert after the completion of this incredible Certification Program. Download the complete syllabus here.