3-Day Money-Back GuaranteePROGRAM DETAILS:
- Delivery Method: Online Self-Study
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Credits Awarded: 5 CPE
- Credential Earned: Certificate of Completion
Training 3 or more people?
Get your team access to this incredible board certification anytime, anywhere with live instructor support.Request a Quote
In this exciting online course, you will discover the various forms of cyber investigations.
By understanding, through this course, where criminals sell their data or how to utilize Social Media Websites to gain intelligence and other avenues, you will be able to identify, investigate and prosecute criminals. Our industry experts will demonstrate the tips and tricks to be more effective in gathering intelligence and conducting investigations! To conclude the course we will test your new found knowledge on the different methods of intelligence gathering, as well as the various different avenues we explore throughout this course.
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the course and final exam within one year of enrollment. Please be advised that you may only claim CPE credit for a course after the certificate of completion is issued. The certificate of completion is valid for 2 years.
Last Updated: 02/5/2018
- How to Gather Intelligence - Introduction
- How to Gather Intelligence - Basic Concepts
- How To Gather Intelligence - Intel as a Continuous Cycle
- How to Gather Intelligence - Intel Disciplines
- How to Gather Intelligence - Threat Intel Landscape
- How to Gather Intelligence - The Threat Intelligence Journey
- How to Gather Intelligence - Special Considerations
- Gathering Intelligence on Carding Forums
- An Overview of Social Media Investigations
- Criminals on Facebook
- How to be Successful in Social Media Investigations
- How to Locate Accomplices & Co-conspirators (Belief Propagation)
- Live Tutorial: Profile Information
- Facebook Intelligence: The Friends List
- Facebook Intelligence: The Conversation Wall
- Facebook Information Tab
- Facebook Timeline
- How to Gather Intelligence in Facebook Groups
- How Fraudsters Create Phishing Schemes
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Private Profiles
- Subpoenas & Search Warrants
- How to Locate People on MySpace
- MySpace Intelligence: Gather Information on the Profile Wall
- MySpace Intelligence: Details in the Friends List
- LinkedIn: Gathering Intelligence from the Profile
- Using the Power of Google on LinkedIn
- How to Use Google's Site Search Effectively for Cyber Investigations
- How to Utilize Google's Double Quotes
- What are the Ethical Considerations When doing Social Media Investigations
- Tools and Resources Available for Social Media Investigations
- Introduction to Twitter Investigation Methodologies
- The New Twitter Profile Layout
- Exploring Twitter Search
- Twitter Search - Stolen goods
- UserID Searches
- Location Based Searches
- Link Searches
- Question Based Searches
- Advanced Searches
- Monitoring Tools
- Gathering Intel via Social Media In Conclusion
- eCommerce Fraud Investigations
- eCrime Investigations - Introduction
- Where is eCrime Most Prevalent
- Fencing Vs. eFencing
- eCommerce Challenges to Investigating Fraudsters
- Prosecution Challenges
- Science Meets eCrime
- eBay The World's Largest Auction Platform
- Boosters Selling on eBay
- eBay Fraudsters - Let's Find Them
- eBay Listing Overview
- Advanced Search Overview
- Search Results Overview
- Auction Listing Details
- Feedback Systems and How Fraudsters Use Them
- Ebay Feedback Review - First 30 Days
- Craigslist Overview
- Craigslist Listings
- Craigslist Investigations
- Google Boolean Searches - Site Search
- Introduction to Gathering Intelligence on Mobile Apps
- Skype Sign Up
- Web Platform and Features
- Skype App and Searching
- Google Hangouts Intro
- Google Plus
- Hangouts Tutorial
- Google Hangouts Mobile
- Oovoo Chat Window
- Gathering Intel on Facetime
- Gathering Intel on Tango
Globally Recognized. Accredited.
Our vision is to revolutionize the way professionals in the law enforcement, intelligence and investigative sectors learn around the globe; our mission is to empower our students to transform the industry by leading, developing and equipping other leaders, and to build meaningful relationships with other professionals around the globe.
Missouri Department of Education Proprietary Schools
McAfee Institute is now certified to operate with the Missouri Dept of Education as a proprietary school. The central focus of the Proprietary School Certification Program is consumer protection. This is accomplished through the establishment of standards for school operation and monitoring of those operations to ensure students are treated in a fair and equitable manner and receive education and training consistent with the published objectives of the instructional programs and the school.
Department of Veterans Affairs
McAfee Institute is recognized by the Veterans Administration and approved for G.I. Benefits for our resident based certification programs and reimbursement of our exam licenses if you are eligible. There is no limit to the number of exams you may take, or number of times you may take the same exam. And, VA will pay for exams even if you fail them. If you need help in completing this application, call VA TOLL-FREE at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). If you use the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), the Federal Relay number is 711. You can also get education assistance after normal business hours at the VA education Internet site: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.Our CEO is globally recognized by FORBES as a member of the coaches council. These individuals are simply the most best, passionate and most recognized successful coaches throughout the world and is a distinct honor.Forbes Coaches Council is an invitation-only organization comprised of leading executive business coaches and career coaches. Members are hand-selected by the Council’s selection committee.
Police Officer Standards and Training (POST)
McAfee Institute programs are approved for POST continuing education credits with the following POST. More coming soon! If you would like your POST added shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
National Association Standards Board of Accountancy
Developed in 1990, the National Registry of CPE Sponsors is a program offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) to recognize CPE program sponsors who provide continuing professional education (CPE) programs in accordance with nationally recognized standards. Many State Boards of Accountancy require CPAs to earn required CPE credits through companies approved on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. The names of approved CPE program sponsors are published here on NASBAregistry.org in the Search for Sponsors section. State Boards of Accountancy and their licensees can refer to this listing to identify and select approved learning providers.
Department of Homeland Security: National Initiative for CyberSecurity Studies
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) is the premier online resource for cybersecurity training. NICCS connects Government employees, students, educators, and industry with cybersecurity training providers throughout the Nation. For those unfamiliar with NICCS, it’s a program designed to help citizens find the education and training they need to advance their careers and close the skill gaps in the cybersecurity workforce. Needless to say, it is a great source for those who are passionate about cybersecurity awareness, training, and education and career structure.
NICCS has developed an interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework which provides a common language for cyber roles, jobs, and helps define personal requirements in cybersecurity. All McAfee Institute offerings are aligned with the Cyber Security Workforce Framework – the categories are based on extensive job analyses that groups together work and workers that share common major functions, regardless of job titles or other occupational terms.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned with jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
- Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.
Who Trains with M.I.
McAfee Institute board-certified professionals work for over 2400 of the industry's top law enforcement, government agencies, and organizations around the globe. While this list is not all inclusive it does allow you to see which organizations are attending, hiring, employing and see value in our programs. >> See the complete list here
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
|U.S. Security Associates Inc.|
|LAPD||U.S. Air Force|
|North Charlotte PD||U.S. Army Reserves|
|Denver PD||U.S. Army/White House Communications Agency|
|Boston PD||U.S. Attorney's Office|
|Miami PD||U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security|
|St Louis PD||U.S. Department of Health and Human Services|
|Chesterfield PD||U.S. Department of Homeland Security|
|Memphis PD||U.S. Department of Justice - Executive Office for US Attorneys|
|Chicago PD||U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division|
|Houston PD||U.S. Department of State|
|Peoria PD||U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security|
|Alton PD||U.S. Department of the Interior|
|Halton Police||U.S. Department of Transportation|
|Halton Regional Police Service||U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Hardesty Private Investigations||U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission|
|Harker Heights Police Department||U.S. Government Printing Office|
|Harmani Associates International, LLC||U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff|
|Harris County||U.S. Marine Corp|
|Harris County Sheriff' Office||U.S. Marshal Service|
|Harris County Sheriff's Office||U.S. Naval Medical Clinic|
|Whitehouse Intelligence||U.S. Navy|
|Prime Ministry||U.S. Postal Inspection Service|
|Calgary PD||U.S. Secret Service/San Antonio Field Office|
|Hastings Entertainment||U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission|
|Hays County Sheriffs Office||U.S. Security Associates & New York Security Professionals|
|HB Counterfeit Investigations||U.S. State Department|
|HBPD||U.S. Treasury Police|
We offer a NO-Questions asked money back guarantee for 3 business days from the date you enroll in your program if you are not satisfied with your program for any reason under the below conditions.
To be eligible for a refund under our money back guarantee you MUST NOT have viewed more than 5% of your program and not have downloaded any of the course content.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Digital Downloads
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your refund request has been received, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund request.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 30 days.
We want everyone to be happy with their purchase. We offer a 3 day money back guarantee. Take a single program of your choosing and sit through the first 5% of the program on us. If you don't like it, please request a refund at that time. If you love it which we know you will simply keep going.
You can request a refund to the CrimeLab Product under the following conditions:
- You have not exceeded 5% of that single initial program of your choosing and its within the first 3 days of enrollment.
- You have not downloaded any of the courses materials.
- You have not viewed more than one program.
If after you have viewed up to 5% of a single program and you wish to request a refund please contact us at email@example.com.
Fast, Secure & Guaranteed
The M.I. Difference.
Review hundreds of testimonials directly from our customers. We are the only training/certification provider that has product reviews and testimonials on our site. The reason why is provide the best learning experience the industry has to offer.
Our Governing Board.
Explore the best, brightest, and most recognized experts in the intelligence and investigative experts that work with us to make all this happen. They are some of the most incredible leaders this industry has to offer.