Benefits of Renewing Your Certification
Third Party Validation & Searchable Database
Active/Current certification holders are searchable by their credential/can be verified by employers & courts.
Participate in Special Discussions
Opportunities to participate in national intelligence and investigative industry studies and task forces.
Establish Crediblity & Trust on Your Resume
Ability to add your certification/credentials & digital badge to your LinkedIn page, Resume, Business cards and more.
Free Resources & Tools for your Job.
Exclusive emailed offers with free professional development tools, new jobs opportunities, and resources.
Renew Updated Credentials
Digital certificate updated with new expiration date every time you renew
Reduced Fees for Multiple Programs
Reduced fees for M.I. certified professionals with multiple credentials
Special Offers, Scholarships and More
Ability to receive occasional discounts on M.I. renewal fees
Live Support & Help
Support team available by phone, email, chat, and social media
Biennial Reporting Requirements
Biennial CPE Hours
Qualifying CPE Activities
- Be a formal program of learning that contributes directly to the professional competence of the certified individual.
- Clearly state program objectives, which specify the level of knowledge the participants should have attained, or the level of competence to be demonstrated upon completion of the program.
- Clearly state education or experience prerequisites, if appropriate for the program.
- Be developed by individuals who are qualified in the subject matter and instructional design.
- Provide current program content.
- Provide evidence of program completion or participation and the appropriate number of CPE hours earned (e.g., a certificate of completion).
We Recognize the following CPE Programs
- Seminars and conferences provided by national, state, or local law enforcement, fraud, loss prevention, or similar investigative or intelligence-based organizations.
- Technical sessions at meetings of national/federal, state, or local law enforcement, fraud, loss prevention, or similar investigative or intelligence-based chapters (e.g., training provided during a McAfee Institute event).
- Formal in-house training programs that meet the aforementioned educational program requirements.
- Relevant industry-specific educational programs provided by other professional organizations or societies.
- College or university courses enrolled in and passed (credit and noncredit courses with C grade or better) after successful completion of our certification programs are eligible for CPE.
- Formal correspondence and self-study programs relevant to intelligence and or investigations that meet program criteria, including evidence of completion.