The Organized Retail Crime Investigator (QORCI™) Professional Training Program is the industry’s leading certification that focuses on the identification, investigation, and prosecution of Organized Retail Crime. Join the ranks of the industry's best, Organized Retail Crime Investigators today and establish your expertise and credibility by earning your Q|ORCI™ credential and designation.
We teach you how to investigate and prosecute the most complex types of ORC to hit our industry. The Q|ORCI™ credential is tough and demanding, but fun to study for. You will learn and grow with this phenomenal certification program which will keep you on the edge of your seat and even better yet, it’s all online. There are no boring theory lectures here. It’s all how-to-based tutorials, videos, and personal mentorship which helps you to actually utilize the learning’s coming from the training program and be highly effective in your organization and/or agency as you progress.
This program was developed by the industries best organized retail crime investigators, loss prevention, law enforcement, e-commerce fraud, and legal. They are the very people that mentor you along the way.
Join our community, more importantly, our family of industry leaders and take your career to new heights by becoming a Q|ORCI™ today! You earn 35 CPE credits for completing this program. The modules are self-study available at your own pace and schedule. Study as you see fit, anywhere, and at any time.
The Experience: We provide a blended online learning environment in which you can learn from live instructors and or you can complete the course with self-paced video-based how-to lessons. We teaching you how to investigate and prosecute instances of ORC at the Store Level, Distribution Level, eCommerce Level and more through these interactive videos, investigative assignments, discussion boards, instructor feedback, and student collaboration. The learnings and experience in the CORCI Board Certification are unmatched and you are bound to enhance your current skillset whether you have been in the industry for 40 years or you are just starting.
There is no better time than to take your career and expertise to a whole new level this year! ORC continues to grow and plague our industry with a devastating impact on our profitability and the safety of our employees. Become a McAfee Institute Board Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (CORCI™) Today upon completion of the Q|ORCI Program.
Q|ORCI SUPPORTS THE NATIONAL CYBER-SECURITY WORKFORCE FRAMEWORK (HOMELAND SECURITY)
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cyber security work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned to jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
- Policy makers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.
NOW IS THE TIME...
I can't urge you enough to invest in yourself and your future while learning some really neat stuff along the way. Earning the industry's top certification is rigorous, challenging, and extremely fun! Trust me when I tell you that we are going to blow your mind and teach you things that you never thought possible! It starts with the impossible and ends with the remarkable!
- Welcome to Organized Retail Crime FREE PREVIEW
- Course Guide
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- How We Create Influential Leaders!
- What Is The Journey Going To Be Like?
- Are You A Super Guru In The Making?
- CORCI Study Manual
- Intro to Cyber Investigations - Overview
- How Cyber Criminals Attack
- Conducting Cyber Investigations
- Cyber Investigations 101
- How to Investigate Email Headers
- Intro to Cyber Investigations Conclusion
- Cyber Investigations Overview (Reading Assignment)
- Types of Cyber Crime (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Introduction to Cyber Investigations
- Introduction to Advanced eCommerce Fraud
- The Demographics of Online Fraudsters
- Trends and Patterns of Online Fraudsters
- The Profile of an Online Fraudster
- Types of Auction Fraud
- Patterns in Fraudulent Behavior
- Research Results and Types of Auction Fraud
- Analyze Fraudulent Behavior
- eBay Investigations
- eBay Auction Search Kit
- eBay and Terapeak
- Hot Topic Research on Terapeak
- eBay Investigative Tips
- Craigslist Investigation
- Craigslist Investigation Tips
- Facebook Marketplace (Oodle) Introduction
- Facebook Marketplace - Searching Individuals
- Facebook Marketplace Investigative Tips
- Google Advanced Operators
- Google Site Search: eforcity
- Google Site Search
- Email Header Information
- Meta Data
- eCommerce Laboratory
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies
- Auction Fraud Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- eCrime Investigations - Introduction
- Where is eCrime Most Prevalent
- Fencing Vs. eFencing
- eCommerce Challenges to Investigating Fraudsters
- Prosecution Challenges
- Prosecution Requirements
- Science Meets eCrime
- Ebay The World's Largest Auction Platform
- Boosters Selling on Ebay
- Ebay Fraudsters - Let's Find Them
- Ebay Listing Overview
- Advanced eBay Search Overview
- eBay Search Results Overview
- Auction Listing Details
- Feedback Profile Overview
- Auction Analysis for Fraud
- Investigation Forms 2014
- Feedback Systems and How Fraudsters Use Them
- Ebay Feedback Review (First 30 Days)
- Craigslist Overview
- Craigslist Listings
- Craigslist Investigations
- Google Boolean Searches (Site Search) FREE PREVIEW
- Group Forum Discussion: eBay Investigation
- Group Forum Discussion: Craigslist Investigation
- Prep Review Quiz: Auction Fraud Investigations
- Open Source Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Intro to Mobile Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Acquisition
- Mobile Forensics Examination & Analysis
- Procedures and Principles
- Mobile Phone Acquisition/Examination/Reporting (Reading Assignment)
- Social Media Apps
- Facebook Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Twitter Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Instagram Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Kik Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Phone File System (Reading Assignment)
- ORC Overview (Reading Assignment)
- What is the Definition of ORC? FREE PREVIEW
- What is Our Idea of ORC?
- How Do They Do It?
- Prep Review Quiz: Organized Retail Crime Overview
- ORC Fraud Schemes (Reading Assignment)
- What Industries Does ORC Impact?
- What are The Top Cities and Products for ORC?
- Prep Review Quiz: Organized Retail Crime Fraud Schemes
- ORC Fraud Schemes (Reading Assignment)
- What Is a Booster and What Do They Do?
- What Tools Does a Booster Use?
- What are The Different Levels of a Booster?
- Prep Review Quiz: Booster Operations
- Fencing Operations (Reading Assignments)
- What is a Fence?
- How Do We Stop ORC?
- The Struggles: Don't Give Up!
- Prep Review Quiz: Fencing Operations
- Introduction to ORC Investigations
- What will we learn today?
- How to Investigate Organized Retail Crime
- How to Educate and Train...
- What Kind of Visual Deterrents to Use to Stop ORC!
- What Kind of Physical Deterrents Can You Use to Stop ORC!
- How to Decide Correct Camera Placement!
- What to Know about Merchandise Tagging!
- Make Sure You Know the Reporting Methods!
- How Are You Doing the Investigation?
- The ORC Theory and Research Facts!
- Look at Your Options!
- Can You Identify an Investigation Route?
- Know the Case Enhancement!
- What is Needed for the Investigation?
- How is Shoplifting Successful and How We Stop It?
- How to Investigate Check Fraud?
- Is Your Credit Card Safe?
- Investigating Gift Card Deception!
- Is That a Legitimate Refund?
- Did You Make Your Coupon?
- Walking Through a Practical Investigation!
- Introduction and What You Will Learn!
- Are You Articulating Your Documentation?
- What Evidence do you have of a Fence?
- What about Overseas Sales?
- Taking Down the Crew!
- Do You Have the Correct Information?
- Taking the Right Photographs
- Interview and Interrogation (Reading Assignment)
- Completing the Interview and Interrogation
- Make Sure You Obtain a Written Statement!
- How do They Establish a Fencing Operation?
- What are the Different Levels of a Fence?
- What does a Fence Location Look Like?
- What is E-fencing?
- Using Surveillance to Track Your Suspect!
- Use Cellphone Records to Tie Your Suspect to the Case
- Do You Use Merchandise Tracking?
- Do You Know How to Develop Your Informant?
- Conducting Buys and Sales!
- Investigation of a Fence!
- Types of Gateway Crimes?
- Here is a Practical Exercise!
- Here are the Subpoenas and Search and Seizures!
- Surveillance Methods (Preliminary)
- Mobile Surveillance & Prep FREE PREVIEW
- Preparing for the exam
- Board Exam Purchase
> You must be free from pending felony charges or convictions (or military equivalent of court martial charges and/or convictions).
> You must be free from pending misdemeanor charges or convictions involving moral turpitude ("moral turpitude" means an offense that calls into question the integrity or judgment of the offender, such as fraud, bribery, corruption, theft, embezzlement, solicitation, etc.).
However, If you wish to sit for the board exam upon completion of the qualified program you would need to meet the following eligibility criteria below:
Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of experience in organized retail crime, eCommerce, fraud, investigations, IT, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and/or loss prevention or other similar field or
Associates degree plus two years of experience or
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience or
A Minimum two years experience as a full-time faculty member at an accredited educational institution. In addition, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CORCI™. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator.
Qualified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (Q|ORCI) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Knowledge is power. I was able to go through this course and traverse the knowledge sets relatively easily because ORC investigations is what I do. This course helped me enhance my knowledge with new information and investigation tricks and methods that i did not use or really think about before. Social media side helped me out as well. I cared for some of the video modules more than others, but that is simply my personal reaction. The people teaching the courses have diverse methods and cont...
Barry Mince Jr ✅ Verified Review