A Qualified Expert in Cyber Investigations (Q|ECI's) are the industry’s Most Elite Cyber Investigators that are trained in advanced and state of the art methodologies to identify, investigate and resolve the most complex cybercrimes known to man. They are Simply the Best of the Best! Let me tell you about the program and how to earn your credentials and board certification!
This is an exciting online Professional Training Program focuses on enhancing your skill sets as an "Expert in Cyber Investigations" which takes a blended learning approach of self-study, live interactions, and instructor lead investigative exercises that will help you to learn how to conduct successful cyber investigations with effective new concepts to prosecute the guilty.
We are taking over 25 years of hands-on experience of conducting cyber-investigations from the private, public, and government sectors around the world and sharing with you, our insights into what contributes to success and failures.
This program contains hundreds of hours of online video-based training; online prep review quizzes to prepare you for the final exam, and, of course, the necessary study manuals as well to help you along the way.
It does not matter if you are Law Enforcement, Loss Prevention, Fraud, Intelligence, Cyber Security, I.T Security or Private Investigation you will learn a ton of new concepts and investigative methodologies that you can apply immediately to your role and come out on top.
The Q|ECI Training Program combines the curriculum from the following 6 Board Certifications. Upon completion, you will earn the Q|ECI Board Certification and Credential and Become Qualified to Sit for the CECI Exam.
- Qualified Cyber Intelligence Professional (Q|CIP): Value $797
- Qualified Counterintelligence Threat Analyst (Q|CTA): Value $797
- Qualified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (Q|ORCI): Value $497
- Qualified Social Media Intelligence Analyst (Q|MIA): Value $1497
- Qualified eCommerce Fraud Investigator (Q|EFI): Value $497
- Qualified Forensic HiTech Investigator (Q|FHI): Value $797
- Welcome to the CECI
- Course Guide
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- Official Study Guide
- Understanding the Manual (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Understanding the Manual
- Course Materials / Downloads
- Cyber Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Cyber Intelligence
- Intro to Cyber Investigations - Overview
- How Cyber Criminals Attack
- Conducting Cyber Investigations
- Cyber Investigations 101
- How to Investigate Email Headers
- Intro to Cyber Investigations Conclusion
- Cyber Investigation Overview (Reading Assignment)
- Types of Cyber Crime (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Introduction to Cyber Investigations
- Social Media Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Basic Social Media Intro
- Facebook Search
- Locating People on Facebook
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Search Tool
- Facebook Private Profile Information
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Mobile App
- YouTube Search
- An overview of Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Defining Open Source Intelligence
- Anatomy of Social Media
- Domain Names
- Username Workflow
- Search Engines
- Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Introduction to Advanced Auction Fraud Investigations
- The Demographics of Online Fraudsters
- Trends and Patterns of Online Fraudsters
- The Profile of an Online Fraudster
- Types of Auction Fraud
- Patterns in Fraudulent Behavior
- Research Results and Types of Auction Fraud
- Analyze Fraudulent Behavior
- eBay Investigations
- eBay and Terapeak
- Hot Topic Research on Terapeak
- eBay Investigative Tips
- Craigslist Investigation Tips
- Facebook Marketplace (Oodle) Introduction
- Facebook Marketplace - Searching Individuals
- Facebook Marketplace Investigative Tips
- Google Advanced Operators
- Google Site Search: eforcity
- Google Site Search
- Meta Data
- eCommerce Laboratory
- Advanced eCrime Investigation Conclusion
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies
- Auction Fraud Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Auction Fraud Investigations
- Where is Auction Fraud Most Prevalent
- Fencing Vs. eFencing
- Challenges to Investigating Online Auction Fraud
- Prosecution Challenges
- Prosecution Requirements
- Science Meets eCrime
- Ebay The World's Largest Auction Platform
- Boosters Selling on Ebay
- Ebay Fraudsters - Let's Find Them
- Ebay Listing Overview
- Advanced eBay Search Overview
- eBay Search Results Overview
- Auction Listing Details
- Feedback Profile Overview
- Auction Analysis for Fraud
- Feedback Systems and How Fraudsters Use Them
- eBay Feedback Review - First 30 Days
- Craigslist Overview
- Craigslist Listings
- Craigslist Investigations
- Google Boolean Searches - Site Search
- Group Forum Discussion: eBay Investigation
- Group Forum Discussion: Craigslist Investigation
- Prep Review Quiz: eCrime Investigations Quiz
- Intro to Mobile Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Acquisition
- Mobile Forensics Examination & Analysis
- Procedures and Principles
- Mobile Phone Acquisition/Examination/Reporting (Reading Assignment)
- Social Media Apps
- Facebook Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Twitter Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Instagram Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Kik Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Phone File System (Reading Assignment)
- Deep Web Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- The Deep Web!
- Getting Started with TOR (Step by Step)
- Introducing the TOR Project
- The Deep Web (Overview)
- Exploration 1
- VPN Services
- Steps to buy and set up a VPN service to remain anonymous
- Hidden Wiki
- Black Market Links
- Deep Web Drug Markets
- Hitman and Escrow Dark Web Links
- Directories and Lists
- The Secrets Behind the TOR Browser
- TOR Wiki (Resource)
- What the @#$% is a Bitcoin anyway?
- Prep Review Quiz: Deep Web Investigations
- Prep Review Quiz: Advance Searching
- Advanced Searching (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Identification of Deception
- Identification of Deception in Social Media (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Open Source Intelligence
- Open Source Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Understanding the Perpetrator (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Understanding the Perpetrator
- Introduction to Video Chat Platforms
- Skype Sign Up
- Web Platform and Features
- Skype App and Searching
- Google Hangouts Intro
- Hangouts Tutorial
- Google Hangouts Mobile
- Oovoo Chat Window
- Prep Review Quiz: Chatting Up Your Person of Interest
- Dating Site Introduction
- Doing a Basic Search on Plenty of Fish
- Plenty of Fish Advanced Search
- Searching for a Username on Plenty of Fish
- Searching the Forums in Plenty of Fish
- Match.com Login and Overview
- Match.com Search Functions
- What about Google Site Search
- Prep Review Quiz: Dating Sites
- Introduction to Informants
- Informants Pt. 2: Suitability
- Informants Pt. 3: Trust and Confidentiality
- Informants Pt. 4: Safe Handling of Informants
- Informants Pt 5: Legal Liabilities
- Prep Review Quiz: Informants
- Prep Review Quiz: Program Development
- Program Design and Development (Reading Assignment)
- Legal Fundamentals (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Legal Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Role as a Corporate Investigator
- Understanding Your Employees Rights
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Understanding Law Enforcement Concerns
- An Agent of the Law
- Federal Laws to Prosecute CyberCrimes
- Becoming an Expert Witness
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Summary
- Prep Review Quiz: Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
- Welcome to Organized Retail Crime
- Introduction to ORC (Reading Assignment)
- How we Create Influential Leaders!
- What is the Journey Going to be Like?
- Are You a Super Guru in the Making?
- ORC Overview (Reading Assignment)
- What is the Definition of ORC?
- What is Our Idea of ORC?
- ORC: How Do They Do It?
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Overview
- ORC Fraud Schemes (Reading Assignment)
- What Industries Does ORC Impact?
- What are The Top Cities and Products for ORC?
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Fraud Schemes
- Booster Operations (Reading Assignment)
- What Is a Booster and What Do They Do?
- What Tools Does a Booster Use?
- What are The Different Levels of a Booster?
- Prep Review Quiz: Booster Operations
- Fencing Operations (Reading Assignments)
- What is a Fence?
- How Do We Stop ORC?
- The Struggles: Don't Give Up!
- Prep Review Quiz: Fencing Operations
- Introduction to ORC Investigations
- What will we learn today?
- How to Investigate Organized Retail Crime
- How to Educate and Train...
- What Kind of Visual Deterrents to Use to Stop ORC!
- What Kind of Physical Deterrents Can You Use to Stop ORC!
- How to Decide Correct Camera Placement!
- What to Know about Merchandise Tagging!
- Make Sure You Know the Reporting Methods!
- How Are You Doing the Investigation?
- The ORC Theory and Research Facts!
- Look at Your Options!
- Can You Identify an Investigation Route?
- Know the Case Enhancement!
- What is Needed for the Investigation
- How is Shoplifting Successful and How We Stop It?
- How to Investigate Check Fraud?
- Is Your Credit Card Safe?
- Investigating Gift Card Deception!
- Is That a Legitimate Refund? ?
- Did You Make Your Coupon?
- Walking Through a Practical Investigation!
- Are You Articulating Your Documentation?
- Do You Have Evidence of a Fence?
- What about Overseas Sales?
- Introduction and What You Will Learn!
- Taking Down the Crew!
- Do You Have the Correct Information?
- Taking the Right Photographs
- Interview and Interrogation (Reading Assignment)
- Completing the Interview and Interrogation
- Make Sure You Obtain a Written Statement!
- How do They Establish a Fencing Operation?
- What are the Different Levels of a Fence?
- What do Fence Locations Look Like?
- What is E-fencing?
- Using Surveillance to Track Your Suspect!
- Use Cellphone Records to Tie Your Suspect to the Case
- Do You Use Merchandise Tracking?
- Do You Know How to Develop Your Informant?
- Conducting Buys and Sales!
- Investigation of a Fence!
- Types of Gateway Crimes?
- Here is a Practical Exercise!
- Here are the Subpoenas and Search and Seizures!
- Surveillance Methods (Preliminary)
- Mobile Surveillance & Prep
- Criminal Prosecution of ORC (Reading Assignment)
- Federal, State and Local Laws Related to ORC (Reading Assignment)
- Intro to Legal Fundamentals of Organized Retail Crime and What You Will Learn!
- What Types of Crimes Occur?
- What are the Different Types of Courts?
- What Bills and Acts Help Fight ORC?
- Prosecuting the Criminal!
- What about Court Orders?
- Computer Forensic Types of Evidence!
- Collecting Photographic Evidence for Your Case!
- What is the Charging Process?
- What Evidence do You Have of a Fence?
- Learn How to be an Expert Witness!
- How to Prepare for the Verdict!
- Make Sure You Review Your Case!
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Legal
- Welcome to the Cyber Counterintelligence Threat Analysis Program!
- Group Forum Discussion: Research
- Applying Intelligence Methodologies
- Assignment: Applying Intelligence
- Cyber Terrorism in the News
- Counter Terrorism
- Preparing for the Exam
- Board Exam Purchase
> You must be free from pending felony charges or convictions (or military equivalent of court martial charges and/or convictions).
> You must be free from pending misdemeanor charges or convictions involving moral turpitude ("moral turpitude" means an offense that calls into question the integrity or judgment of the offender, such as fraud, bribery, corruption, theft, embezzlement, solicitation, etc.).
However, If you wish to sit for the board exam upon completion of the qualified program you would need to meet the following eligibility criteria below:
Bachelor’s degree or higher plus four years of experience in e-commerce, fraud, investigations, IT, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and loss prevention or
Associates degree plus six years of experience or
High school diploma or equivalency plus seven years of experience.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CECI®. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Expert in Cyber Investigations.
Most Comprehensive ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is truly one of the most comprehensive and thorough programs you can find today.
Frank Cutruzzola ✅ Verified Review
Intensive course and content - valuable learning ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is my second course with McAfee Institute. I found this course to be interesting and full. I did learn new things about the Digital and Cyber investigations side of the world more so than I knew at the time, so I was able to take away new learning and information, and begin applying the concepts personally and professionally. The course is long and challenging at times, and that is a GOOD thing considering the amount of credits it claims for CPE, and also the nature and depth of the cont...
Barry Mince Jr ✅ Verified Review
CCIE Course ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This course Is very informative and helps students of all levels gain information into how conduct Cyber investigations. Whether one has been investigating for a number of years or new to Cyber investigations there is something to take away. The combination of Text, Video and "homework" assignments helps to keep the course engaging.
Erik Stephens ✅ Verified Review