This session will present specific background, tools, and techniques for conducting forensic investigations involving electronic mail. It will review the various information that can be gathered from the direct email evidence and discuss information available via subpoena from internet service providers. The session will conclude with a case study of an email investigation that will bring together the concepts discussed in the presentation.
Upon completion of this exciting webinar you will close more online investigations then you ever thought was possible, recover more losses for your organization and successfully prosecute more fraudsters in a 1/4 of the time… Guaranteed!
- Discuss how email factors into the investigative process
- Describe the basic functions of email
- Explain the Importance of Email Headers
- Describe the components of an email header
- Describe the procedures required to obtain information from the internet
- iOS system
- Course Resources
- Investigating Email Crimes: The Who, What, When, and Where!
- What do we do with our findings? (00:30)
- Email Header Information
- Mobile Forensics Part 1
- Mobile Forensics Part 2
- Final Exam: Digital and Mobile Forensics
Certificate of Completion (for the registrant)
Credential Earned: Certificate of Completion
Availability: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
CPE Credits: Included
Nationally Recognized Credential: NASBA, NICE, & More
Live Mentors: Available 9-9PM CST via Chat
Please note: To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete the course and final exam within one year of enrollment Please be advises that you may only claim CPE credit for a course once after the certificate of completion is issued. The certificate of completion is valid for 2 years.