The CPCI exam evaluates your expertise across thirty intelligence and investigative domains. Think of the domains as topics you need to master based on your professional experience and education.
- Domain 1. Ethical Standards
- Domain 2. Criminal Investigations
- Domain 3. Case Management Domain 4. Documenting Investigations
- Domain 5. Property Crime Investigations
- Domain 6. Crimes Against Persons Investigations
- Domain 7. Cyber Crime Investigations
- Domain 8. Sex Crime Investigations
- Domain 9. Human Trafficking Investigations
- Domain 10. Workplace Violence Investigations
- Domain 11. Active Shooter Investigations
- Domain 12. Digital Forensic Investigations
- Domain 13. Organized Retail Crime Investigations
- Domain 14. Terrorism Investigations
- Domain 15. Financial Crime Investigations
- Domain 16. Domestic Violence Investigations
- Domain 17. Homicide Investigations
- Domain 18. Death Investigations
- Domain 19. Narcotic Investigations
- Domain 20. Identity Crime Investigations
- Domain 21. Elderly Investigations
- Domain 22. Smuggling of Migrants
- Domain 23. Corruption Investigations
- Domain 24. Follow Up Investigations
- Domain 25. Utilizing Informants
- Domain 26. Interview of Interrogation
- Domain 27. Expert Witness
- Domain 28. Criminal Profiling
- Domain 29. Rules of Evidence
- Domain 30. Legal Requirement
Register for Your CPCI Exam
Don’t wait. If you’re ready to pursue the CPCI certification, commit yourself now by registering for the exam.
The board exam is taken online and can be taken on your own schedule. The exam consists of multiple-choice, true/false & scenario-based questions. You have 3 hours to complete the exam and it must be completed in one sitting. You must earn 70% or greater to successfully pass the board exam. There are 120-150 questions depending on the exam version.
Get CPCI Training that's Right for You
With self-paced or instructor-led online and classroom courses, McAfee Institute has a training option to fit your schedule and learning style. Training, seminars, courseware and self-study aids directly from McAfee Institute help you get ready for the rigorous CPCI exam by reviewing relevant domains.
Associates degree plus three years of experience as stated above. OR
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience as stated above.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CPCI™. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a CPCI.