The Certified Professional Criminal Investigator (CPCI) program is the industry's premier board certification focused on criminal investigations. The responsibilities of today's law enforcement and investigators within all industries are complex and challenging.
The CPCI equips criminal investigators around the world with the most advanced knowledge and skill sets required to be successful in their role. In today's changing climate, criminal investigators are faced with a multitude of situations. Beyond traditional investigation methodologies, criminal investigators around the world must now be experts in cyber investigations, corruption, terrorism, fraud, human behavior, interview and interrogation and more, to ensure the investigator is fully-equipped with the skill sets needed to meet the rigorous demands of the environments in which they will be working.
The CPCI is designed to meet these training needs as identified through systematic program monitoring in the form of validation studies and continuous research, which includes feedback from Partner Organizations and our World-Class Advisory Board.
The CPCI is the most comprehensive criminal investigative training program the industry has to offer bar none. The entire program is online, self-study, video-based lectures, tutorials, laboratories, practical exercises and written exams which are used to ensure that each trainee acquires the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities required of a successful criminal investigator.
AND WHAT WOULD THAT DO FOR YOUR CAREER?
Those who earn the nationally accredited credential, you're about to discover, go on to experience some of the world's most prestigious and exciting intelligence and investigative careers in both the public and private sectors.
With this board certification, you'll not only have the skills, knowledge, and expertise you need to track down and criminals around the world... but you'll also become known as an industry expert in conducting quick and effective criminal investigations.
In just a moment, you're going to discover the all-new online certification course that is going to allow you to stand out from the competition and climb the career ladder faster than ever by establishing yourself as a leading expert whom your employer and peers all turn to for answers.
Here's What's Waiting for You on the inside of This Brand New Online Program:
- 100% online self-paced learning modules that give you 24/7 access to the program and allow you the freedom to complete it at your convenience
- An intensive, yet succinct self-study program that makes it easy to become a Certified Professional Criminal Investigator (CPCI) – even with your busy schedule
- Video-based tutorials that appeal to visual learners and make learning more of an engaging process so that you retain more information
- Real-life scenarios and real-world training that will challenge you and give you the hands-on experience you need to be successful
- LIVE investigative exercises that allow you to apply your learning and test your new skills on-the-spot
- LIVE instructor support available via Chat 9:00 am - 9:00 pm so you can get answers to your questions and quick assistance with your course
- And much, much more...
We're helping you achieve the credibility and expert authority that will skyrocket your career and propel you miles ahead of the competition.
"Just satisfied" won't do it.
We want you to be absolutely thrilled.
That's why we're making this incredible offer even sweeter...
In the very unlikely event that you aren't completely thrilled with the training you receive in the new Certified Professional Criminal Investigator (CPCI) program... just let us know, and we'll give you back every penny you invested in this game-changing certification!
No hassle. No questions. It really is that simple.
So what are you waiting for?
The Time to Invest in Your Future Success Is NOW..
ENROLL RISK-FREE TODAY... AND BECOME THE LEADING INVESTIGATIVE EXPERT YOU'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF BEING!
- Professional Standards (Reading Assignment)
- Professional Standards for CPCI
- Prep Review Quiz: Professional Standards
- Ethical Standards (Reading Assignment)
- Discussion Assignment 1: Moral Ethics
- Discusssion 2: Professional Ethics
- Intro to Criminal Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Criminal Investigations
- Qualities of a Good Investigator FREE PREVIEW
- Goals of Criminal Investigations
- A Realistic View of Investigative Activities
- Case Preparation Overview
- In conclusion
- Prep Review Quiz: Intro to Criminal Investigations
- Case Management (Reading Assignment)
- Planning & Documentation (Standards)
- Initial Notification (Standards)
- Reviewing reports and witness statements (Standards)
- Solvability Factors (Standards) FREE PREVIEW
- Presentation for Prosecution (Standards)
- Clearance Codes (Standards)
- Maintaining Cases for Future Retrieval (Standards)
- How to Prioritize Your Case Load (Real World) FREE PREVIEW
- Crime Scene Note Taking (Real World)
- Keeping your Cases Updated (Real World)
- Follow Up Essentials (Real World)
- CrimeScene Documentation Insights (Real World) FREE PREVIEW
- The Media Effect on Case Load (Real World)
- Managing HighProfile Cases (Real World)
- Working with the Prosecutor (Real World)
- The Importance of Partnerships (Real World)
- Common Mistakes to Avoid (Real World)
- Career Killers (Real World)
- The Importance of Respect While Documenting a CASE (Real World)
- Prep Review Quiz: Case Management
- Documenting Investigations Expectations
- Documenting Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Field Notes 101 FREE PREVIEW
- Entry and Exit Log
- Crime Scene Sketch
- Tools of the Trade
- Different Types of Views
- Ways to Measure the Crime Scene
- The Need for Effective Criminal Investigative Reports
- Types of Reports
- Prep Review Quiz: Documenting Investigations
- Property Crime Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Property Crimes
- Burglary vs Theft
- Daytime vs Nighttime Burglars
- Additional Investigative Methodologies
- Responding to a Burglary in Progress
- Burglary Tools Explored
- Motor Vehicle Thefts
- How to Determine if the Motor Vehicle is Stolen
- Abandoned Stolen Vehicles
- Vehicle Fires
- ATM Fraud Techniques
- Prep Review Quiz: Property Crime Investigations
- Crimes Against Persons Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Follow-up robbery investigation and the Team approach
- Missing Persons and Abductions
- Why women do not report rape to the police.
- Motivation for false rape allegations
- Types of physical evidence collected in rape and sexual assault cases
- Importance of condom trace evidence
- Investigator's responsibilities when responding to the scene of a suspected homicide
- Typical stages of the autopsy
- Introduction to Wounds and their Evidentiary value
- Gunshot wounds
- Bullet Characteristics
- Incised wounds
- Laceration wounds
- Stab wounds
- Defense wounds
- Identify the characteristics of strangulation wounds
- Identify the use and effects of Rohypnol, GHB and Ketamine
- Prep Review Quiz: Crimes Against Persons Investigations
- Types of Cyber Crime (Reading Assignment)
- Cyber Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Cyber Forensics (Reading Assignment)
- Open source Intel (Reading Assignment)
- Search Engines
- A world of sock puppets
- Social Media as a Tool (Reading Assignment)
- Documenting Social Media Evidence (Reading Assignment)
- Digital Evidence (Reading Assignment)
- Advanced Searching (Reading Assignment)
- Google Advanced Operators
- Email Header Info
- Meta Data
- Investigating Email Crimes: The who, what, when...
- eCommerce Lab
- Mobile Forensics
- Username workflow
- Domain names
- Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Federal Laws to prosecute Cybercrimes
- Facebook URL Structure
- Research Assignment - Gang Activity
- Sex Crime Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Sex Crimes involving children
- The Polygraph
- The Pretext Call
- The Victim Interview
- FBI Agent Discussing Child Porn Investigations
- Prep Review Quiz: Sex Crime Investigations
- Defining Human Trafficking
- The Three Elements of Human Trafficking
- Various Forms of Exploitation
- Foreign & Domestic Trafficking
- Case Example 1
- Distinction Between Trafficking and Smuggling
- Case Example 2
- Case Example 3
- Case Example 4
- Dynamics of HT Victims (Reading Assignment)
- The Dynamics of Human Trafficking
- Trauma on Victims
- The Connection Between Sex Trafficking and the Porn Industry
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Porn Links to Sex Trafficking (Briefing Capitol Hill)
- Introduction to Control Mechanisms
- Control Indicators
- Threats of Safety
- Living Conditions Indicators
- Medical Indicators
- Physical Indicators
- Other Indicators
- Human Trafficking Investigations (Forms of HT)
- Legal Assistance and Visa Provisions under Federal Law
- Collaboration Efforts with Law Enforcement
- Victim Support Video for Law Enforcement Part 1 Homeland Security
- Human Trafficking Victim Support Video for Law Enforcement Part 2
- Federal Laws of Human Trafficking (Reading Assignment)
- Course Resources
- Prep Review Quiz: Human Trafficking Investigations
- How to Conduct WPV Investigations
- Investigating Workplace Violence (Reading Assignment)
- Emergency Actions intro
- Crisis Communication Plan (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Workplace Violence Investigations
- Welcome to Active Shooter Investigations
- Active Shooter Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- AS Study Quick Reference Guide
- Active Shooter Incidents US
- Active Shooter Prep Review Quiz
- Digital Forensic Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Crime Scene Investigations Involving Computers
- Digital Evidence Collection for First Responders
- Electronic Discovery Reading Assignment
- Setting Up Computer Forensics Lab
- Understanding File Systems
- Windows Registry Forensics
- Computer Forensics Reading Assignment
- Computer Forensics Part II Reading Assignment
- Hard Drive Recovery
- Mobile Forensics
- Picture and Video File Review
- Internet History Reconstruction
- Digital Evidence/Legal Procedures & Practices
- Covert and Remote Collections
- Cell Phone Forensics
- Wireless Networks and Wireless Network Attacks
- Social Engineering
- Email Analysis
- Expert Witness Services
- Group Forum Discussion: Social Engineering
- Group Forum Discussion: Steganography Tools
- Group Forum Discussion: Security Standards
- About the Registry - Microsoft
- Validation of Forensic Tools and Software: A Quick Guide for the Forensic Examiner
- Prep Review Quiz: Digital Forensic Investigations
- Organized Retail Crime Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- What is the Definition of ORC?
- What is Our Idea of ORC?
- How Do They Do It?
- ORC Fraud Schemes (Reading Assignment)
- What Industries Does ORC Impact?
- What are The Top Cities and Products for ORC?
- Booster Operations (Reading Assignment)
- What Is a Booster and What Do They Do?
- What Tools Does a Booster Use?
- What are The Different Levels of a Booster?
- Fencing Operations (Reading Assignments)
- What is a Fence?
- How Do We Stop ORC?
- The Struggles: Don't Give Up!
- Introduction to ORC Investigations
- What will we learn today?
- How to Investigate Organized Retail Crime
- What Kind of Visual Deterrents to Use to Stop ORC!
- What Kind of Physical Deterrents Can You Use to Stop ORC!
- How to Decide Correct Camera Placement!
- What to Know about Merchandise Tagging!
- Make Sure You Know the Reporting Methods!
- How Are You Doing the Investigation?
- The ORC Theory and Research Facts!
- Look at Your Options!
- Can You Identify an Investigation Route?
- Know the Case Enhancement!
- What is Needed for the Investigation?
- How is Shoplifting Successful and How We Stop It?
- How to Investigate Check Fraud?
- Is Your Credit Card Safe?
- Investigating Gift Card Deception!
- Is That a Legitimate Refund?
- Did You Make Your Coupon?
- Walking Through a Practical Investigation!
- Are You Articulating Your Documentation?
- What Evidence do you have of a Fence?
- What about Overseas Sales?
- Taking Down the Crew!
- Do You Have the Correct Information?
- Taking the Right Photographs
- How do They Establish a Fencing Operation?
- What does a Fence Location Look Like?
- What is E-fencing?
- Using Surveillance to Track Your Suspect!
- Use Cellphone Records to Tie Your Suspect to the Case
- Do You Use Merchandise Tracking?
- Do You Know How to Develop Your Informant?
- Conducting Buys and Sales!
- Investigation of a Fence!
- Types of Gateway Crimes?
- Here is a Practical Exercise!
- Here are the Subpoenas and Search and Seizures!
- Terrorism Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- The Terrorist Mind
- Prevention, Detection, Investigation & Prosecution Discussion
- Terror Threat Snapshot
- The Use of the Internet for Terrorist Purposes
- Prep Review Quiz: Terrorism Investigations
- Financial Crime Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Investigation Checklist
- Prep Review Quiz: Financial Crime Investigations
- Domestic Violence Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Interviewing Techniques in Domestic Violence Cases
- Prep Review Quiz: Domestic Violence Investigations
- Homicide Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Homicide Investigations
- Death Investigation Research Assignment
- Investigative Procedures
- Narcotics Investigations
- Prep Review Quiz: Narcotics Investigations
- Identity Crime Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- National Strategy to Combat Identity Theft (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Identity Crime Investigations
- An examination of Elderly Abuse
- Elderly Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Prosecuting Elder Abuse Cases (Case Study)
- Prep Review Quiz: Elderly Investigations
- Investigative Research Assignment
- Concepts of Smuggling of Migrants
- Legal Fundamentals of Smuggling Investigations
- Human Rights
- Planning and Strategizing
- Prep Review Quiz: Smuggling Investigations
- Corruption Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Corruption Assignment
- Prep Review Quiz: Corruption Investigations
- Follow Up Investigation (Reading Assignment)
- Guidelines for Follow Up Investigations
- Prep Review Quiz: Follow Up Investigations
- First Response to Victims of Crime
- Response to Victims of Crime (Concepts & Issues)
- Victim's Rights During Criminal Investigations
- Prep Review Quiz: The Role of the Victim in Criminal Investigations
- Confidential Informants: Protecting Their Identity
- The Attorney Generals Guidelines on Use of Informants
- Case Study: Example #1 Informant Policy
- Case Study: Example #2 Informant Policy
- Prep Review Quiz: Utilizing Informants
- Investigative Methodologies
- Interviewing Techniques
- Organizational Objectives and Objections
- Closing the Interview
- Prep Review Quiz: Interview and Interrogation
- Becoming an Expert Witness
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Summary Discussion
- Becoming a Forensic Investigative Scientist
- New Tools from Neuroscience
- Criminal Minds Capture
- Deceptive Practices
- Calculating Minds
- Res Ipsa Loquitur
- Trapdoor Spiders
- Toxic Recipes
- DANE Brainmarks
- Order Becoming Disorder
- Graduate Seminar
- On Cloud Nine
- Federal Rules of Evidence (Reading Assignment)
- Rule Cheat Sheet
- Juvenile Evidence: Different Ways to Look at It
- Prep Review Quiz: Rules of Evidence
- An Exploration into Criminal Laws
- Federal Land Management Legal
- Criminal Law (Outline)
- Prep Review Quiz: Criminal Laws
- Trends and Practices in Law Enforcement and Private Security Collaborations
- L.E Discussion
- Prep Review Quiz: Collaboration & Partnerships
- Research Assignment
- Final Exam Prep
- Exam Application
- Final Exam CPCI
Associates degree plus three years of experience as stated above. OR
High school diploma or equivalency plus four years of experience as stated above.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CPCI™. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a CPCI.
lots of effort ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I was not familiar with this program when I first found the MacAfee website. I was concerned it might be of little value. However, this program is very robust, comprehensive, and was very challenging on a number of different levels.
LEE O. ✅ Verified Review
"I really like the ease of finding my way through the program and am learning so much by the reading portions. I am excited about the program and look forward to being a part of the CI program. Thank you Vicki DeGeus-Morris"
Vicki D. ✅ Verified Review
Excellent, step by step easy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Excellent, step by step easy to understand.
Zakir Q. ✅ Verified Review
Very professional ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I have barely started the course, but already I am impressed with the excellence and depth of the material and coursework. Very thought-provoking and uses real-life scenarios to build the course. The self-study pace is a huge plus as well. Looking forward towards finishing the rest of the course and moving forward with the professional opportunities the certificate will offer me.
Umar D. ✅ Verified Review
CPCI review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I am extremely happy with the joining. The program is easy to read and all questions are answered. I will love using this program
Vicki D. ✅ Verified Review
Excellent value, great training ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I am about 63 percent through the CPCI course. so far it has been fantastic. Well worth the money and time I have invested in the course.
Richard T. ✅ Verified Review
Certified Professional Criminal Investigator ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great course for those looking to get into the investigations field. Touches up on all aspects of criminal investigations. If your looking for an overall this is the course. The certification is definitely a plus. Looking forward to using my new skills out in the field. Canƒ??t wait to take other programs in the near future.
John C. ✅ Verified Review
what parts of my experience I enjoyed and where You need to improve ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
To tell you the truth I enjoyed every bite of that Course. I learned a lot of things at a very high level. I love the way the Instructed put everything together to facilitate this big course. I enjoyed the videos and listen to the important information. I do not see any improvement you guys need to more than what you give to the Students. The only thing I would like to see happen in the near future is, the Video lab where a student will be able to experience and live conversation to the Instructors when a student needs it to.
Ally J. ✅ Verified Review
Great training ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The CPCI course was extremely detailed and totally comprehensive in the realm of criminal investigations."
Michael L. ✅ Verified Review