Certified Expert in Cyber Investigations (CECI's) are the industry’s Most Elite Cyber Investigators that are trained in advanced and state of the art methodologies to identify, investigate and resolve the most complex cybercrimes known to man. They are Simply the Best of the Best! Let me tell you about the program and how to earn your credentials and board certification!
This is an exciting online Professional Board Certification focused on enhancing your skill sets as an "Expert in Cyber Investigations" which takes a blended learning approach of self-study, live interactions, and instructor lead investigative exercises that will help you to learn how to conduct successful cyber investigations with effective new concepts to prosecute the guilty.
We are taking over 25 years of hands-on experience of conducting cyber-investigations from the private, public, and government sectors around the world and sharing with you, our insights into what contributes to success and failures.
This program contains hundreds of hours of online video-based training; online prep review quizzes to prepare you for the final exam, and, of course, the necessary study manuals as well to help you along the way.
It does not matter if you are Law Enforcement, Loss Prevention, Fraud, Intelligence, Cyber Security, I.T Security or Private Investigation you will learn a ton of new concepts and investigative methodologies that you can apply immediately to your role and come out on top.
The CECI Board Certification Program combines the curriculum from the following 6 Board Certifications. Upon completion, you will earn the CECI Board Certification and Credential.
- Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional (CCIP): Value $1797
- Certified Counterintelligence Threat Analyst (CCTA): Value $1797
- Certified Organized Retail Crime Investigator (CORCI): Value $1497
- Certified Social Media Intelligence Analyst (SMIA): Value $1497
- Certified eCommerce Fraud Investigator (CEFI): Value $1497
- Certified Forensic HiTech Investigator (CFHI): Value $1797
You will only take one board exam at the end of the program as well. It is one incredible experience and insane value. Note: This program does not include all separate certifications as listed above.
- Welcome to the CECI FREE PREVIEW
- Course Guide & Overview
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- Official Study Manual
- Understanding the Manual (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Understanding the Manual
- Course Materials / Downloads
- Cyber Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Cyber Intelligence
- Cyber Investigation Overview (Reading Assignment)
- Types of Cyber Crime (Reading Assignment)
- Intro to Cyber Investigations - Overview
- How Cyber Criminals Attack
- Conducting Cyber Investigations
- Cyber Investigations 101
- How to Investigate Email Headers
- Conclusion & Recap
- Prep Review Quiz: Introduction to Cyber Investigations
- Social Media Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Basic Social Media Intro
- Facebook Search
- Locating People on Facebook
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Search Tool
- Facebook Private Profile Information
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Mobile App
- YouTube Search
- Prep Review Quiz: Social Media Investigations
- An overview of Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Defining Open Source Intelligence
- Anatomy of Social Media
- Domain Names
- Username Workflow
- Search Engines
- Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Auction Fraud Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Auction Fraud Investigations
- Where is Auction Fraud Most Prevalent
- Fencing Vs. eFencing
- Challenges to Investigating Online Auction Fraud
- Prosecution Challenges
- Prosecution Requirements
- Science Meets eCrime
- Ebay The World's Largest Auction Platform
- Boosters Selling on Ebay
- Ebay Fraudsters - Let's Find Them
- Ebay Listing Overview
- Advanced eBay Search Overview
- eBay Search Results Overview
- Auction Listing Details
- Feedback Profile Overview
- Auction Analysis for Fraud
- Feedback Systems and How Fraudsters Use Them
- eBay Feedback Review - First 30 Days
- Craigslist Overview
- Craigslist Listings
- Craigslist Investigations
- Google Boolean Searches - Site Search
- Group Forum Discussion: eBay Investigation
- Group Forum Discussion: Craigslist Investigation
- Prep Review Quiz: Auction Fraud Investigations Quiz
- Introduction to Advanced Auction Fraud Investigations
- The Demographics of Online Fraudsters
- Trends and Patterns of Online Fraudsters
- The Profile of an Online Fraudster
- Types of Auction Fraud
- Patterns in Fraudulent Behavior
- Research Results and Types of Auction Fraud
- Analyze Fraudulent Behavior
- eBay Investigations
- eBay and Terapeak
- Hot Topic Research on Terapeak
- eBay Investigative Tips
- Craigslist Investigation Tips
- Facebook Marketplace (Oodle) Introduction
- Facebook Marketplace - Searching Individuals
- Facebook Marketplace Investigative Tips
- Google Advanced Operators
- Google Site Search: eforcity
- Google Site Search
- Meta Data
- eCommerce Laboratory
- Advanced eCrime Investigation Conclusion
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies
- Deep Web Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- The Deep Web!
- Getting Started with TOR (Step by Step)
- Introducing the TOR Project
- The Deep Web (Overview)
- An Exploration 1
- VPN Services
- Steps to buy and set up a VPN service to remain anonymous
- Hidden Wiki
- Black Market Links
- Deep Web Drug Markets
- Hitman and Escrow Dark Web Links
- Directories and Lists
- The Secrets Behind the TOR Browser
- TOR Wiki (Resource)
- What the @#$% is a Bitcoin anyway?
- Prep Review Quiz: Deep Web Investigations
- Advanced Searching (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Advance Searching
- Identification of Deception in Social Media (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Identification of Deception
- Open Source Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Open Source Intelligence
- Understanding the Perpetrator (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Understanding the Perpetrator
- Introduction to Video Chat Platforms
- Skype Sign Up
- Web Platform and Features
- Skype App and Searching
- Google Hangouts Intro
- Hangouts Tutorial
- Google Hangouts Mobile
- Oovoo Chat Window
- Prep Review Quiz: Chatting Up Your Person of Interest
- Dating Site Introduction
- Doing a Basic Search on Plenty of Fish
- Plenty of Fish Advanced Search
- Searching for a Username on Plenty of Fish
- Searching the Forums in Plenty of Fish
- Match.com Login and Overview
- Match.com Search Functions
- What about Google Site Search
- Prep Review Quiz: Dating Sites
- Introduction to Informants
- Informants Pt. 2: Suitability
- Informants Pt. 3: Trust and Confidentiality
- Informants Pt. 4: Safe Handling of Informants
- Informants Pt 5: Legal Liabilities
- Prep Review Quiz: Informants
- Program Design and Development (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Program Development
- Legal Fundamentals (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Legal Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Role as a Corporate Investigator
- Understanding Your Employees Rights
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Understanding Law Enforcement Concerns
- An Agent of the Law
- Federal Laws to Prosecute CyberCrimes
- Becoming an Expert Witness
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Summary
- Prep Review Quiz: Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
- Welcome to Organized Retail Crime
- Introduction to ORC (Reading Assignment)
- How we Create Influential Leaders!
- What is the Journey Going to be Like?
- Are You a Super Guru in the Making?
- Overview of Organized Retail Crime (Reading Assignment)
- What is the Definition of ORC?
- What is Our Idea of ORC?
- ORC: How Do They Do It?
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Overview
- ORC Fraud Schemes (Reading Assignment)
- What Industries Does ORC Impact?
- What are The Top Cities and Products for ORC?
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Fraud Schemes
- Booster Operations (Reading Assignment)
- What Is a Booster and What Do They Do?
- What Tools Does a Booster Use?
- What are The Different Levels of a Booster?
- Prep Review Quiz: Booster Operations
- Fencing Operations (Reading Assignments)
- What is a Fence?
- How Do We Stop ORC?
- The Struggles: Don't Give Up!
- Prep Review Quiz: Fencing Operations
- Introduction to ORC Investigations
- What will we learn today?
- How to Investigate Organized Retail Crime
- How to Educate and Train...
- What Kind of Visual Deterrents to Use to Stop ORC!
- What Kind of Physical Deterrents Can You Use to Stop ORC!
- How to Decide Correct Camera Placement!
- What to Know about Merchandise Tagging!
- Make Sure You Know the Reporting Methods!
- How Are You Doing the Investigation?
- The ORC Theory and Research Facts!
- Look at Your Options!
- Can You Identify an Investigation Route?
- Know the Case Enhancement!
- What is Needed for the Investigation
- How is Shoplifting Successful and How We Stop It?
- How to Investigate Check Fraud?
- Is Your Credit Card Safe?
- Investigating Gift Card Deception!
- Is That a Legitimate Refund? ?
- Did You Make Your Coupon?
- Walking Through a Practical Investigation!
- Are You Articulating Your Documentation?
- Do You Have Evidence of a Fence?
- What about Overseas Sales?
- Introduction and What You Will Learn!
- Taking Down the Crew!
- Do You Have the Correct Information?
- Taking the Right Photographs
- Interview and Interrogation (Reading Assignment)
- Completing the Interview and Interrogation
- Make Sure You Obtain a Written Statement!
- How do They Establish a Fencing Operation?
- What are the Different Levels of a Fence?
- What do Fence Locations Look Like?
- What is E-fencing?
- Using Surveillance to Track Your Suspect!
- Use Cellphone Records to Tie Your Suspect to the Case
- Do You Use Merchandise Tracking?
- Do You Know How to Develop Your Informant?
- Conducting Buys and Sales!
- Investigation of a Fence!
- Types of Gateway Crimes?
- Here is a Practical Exercise!
- Here are the Subpoenas and Search and Seizures!
- Surveillance Methods (Preliminary)
- Mobile Surveillance & Prep
- Criminal Prosecution of ORC (Reading Assignment)
- Federal, State and Local Laws Related to ORC (Reading Assignment)
- Intro to Legal Fundamentals of Organized Retail Crime and What You Will Learn!
- What Types of Crimes Occur?
- What are the Different Types of Courts?
- What Bills and Acts Help Fight ORC?
- Prosecuting the Criminal!
- What about Court Orders?
- Computer Forensic Types of Evidence!
- Collecting Photographic Evidence for Your Case!
- What is the Charging Process?
- What Evidence do You Have of a Fence?
- Learn How to be an Expert Witness!
- How to Prepare for the Verdict!
- Make Sure You Review Your Case!
- Prep Review Quiz: ORC Legal
- Welcome to the Cyber Counterintelligence Threat Analysis Program!
- Group Forum Discussion: Research
- Applying Intelligence Methodologies
- Assignment: Applying Intelligence
- Cyber Terrorism in the News
- Counter Terrorism
- Trends in Cyber Crime
- Crime Scene Investigations Involving Computers
- Digital Evidence Collection for First Responders
- Group Forum Discussion: Compliance Laws
- Prep Review Quiz: Electronic Discovery
- Crimes involving Email
- Utilizing Access Data FTK
- Reading Assignment: Advanced Electronic Discovery
- Group Forum Discussion: Crimes Involving Email
- Prep Review Quiz: Electronic Discovery Advanced
- Picture and Video File Review
- Internet History Reconstruction
- Covert and Remote Collections
- Cell Phone Forensics
- Wireless Networks and Wireless Network Attacks
- Reading Assignment: Computer Forensics
- Group Forum Discussion: Steganography Tools
- Prep Review Quiz: Computer Forensics
- Social Engineering
- Email Analysis
- Expert Witness Services
- Reading Assignment: Computer Forensics Advanced
- Group Forum Discussion: Social Engineering
- Prep Review Quiz: Computer Forensics Advanced
- Reading Assignment: Trade Secrets
- Trade Secret / IP Theft
- Breach of Privacy
- Workplace Misconduct
- Prep Review Quiz: Hi Tech Investigations
- Inappropriate Material
- Embezzlement and Fraud
- Reading Assignment: Cyberstalking and Embezzlement
- Prep Review Quiz: Hi Tech Investigations Advanced
- Intro to Mobile Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Acquisition
- Mobile Forensics Examination & Analysis
- Procedures and Principles
- Reading Assignment (Cellphone & Mobile Forensics)
- Prep Quiz: Cell Phone & Mobile Device Forensics
- Social Media Apps
- Facebook Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Twitter Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Instagram Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Kik Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Reading Assignment: Cell Phone & Mobile Advanced
- Cheating Partner Investigations
- Hidden Assets
- Cyber Bullying
- Exam Preparation & Rules
- Final Exam Prep
- Exam Application
- Final Exam: CECI
Associates degree plus six years of experience or
High school diploma or equivalency plus seven years of experience.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CECI®. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Expert in Cyber Investigations.
Fantastic Service ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I just signed up for the CECI course and I cant tell you how excited I am about it. My review however is around the service and assistance I have received thus far from McAfee with regards to invoices, information and payment. Thank you
Nadine J. ✅ Verified Review
Certified Expert in Cyber Investigations (CECI) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
My overall experience so far has been great, the lessons are very simple to follow along and easy to understand, hopefully I'll finish the course in a very short time.
Wilfredo T. ✅ Verified Review
Fascinating experience ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Learning something totally new is always a challenge! I feel incredibly lucky to have such an opportunity to study in McAfee Institute since Cyber Security Investigation field is on the bleeding edge and professionals are always in high demand! The course material is excellent! Thank you!
ALEH B. ✅ Verified Review
Best of the best-challenging and informative ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loved it was one of the most informative online coarse's it has prepared me to move ahead in my I T career
Gary S. ✅ Verified Review
Excellent Course Content ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I have taken two courses with McAfee Institute to date (CCII and CECI). While the CECI contained material that I had already seen in the CCII course, it served as a great refresher for me. The course material, manuals and supplemental documentation in both courses will prove very useful in my current role in Cyber Security.
Christine S. ✅ Verified Review
"Class act, staff cares and is willing to offer the help needed to get your through your course!"
Patrick S. ✅ Verified Review
Good program ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The sequencing is pretty odd and things could've been combined better. Great value but not the best to follow on a mobile phone
Sally T. ✅ Verified Review
Great Learning ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"I'm impressed with the overall teaching in this class. It's very informative and I'm glad I joined the Mcafee Institute family. I wish I had learned about this a long time ago."
Robert W. ✅ Verified Review
Awesome Training ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is a great course, and the content was extremely relevant to current industry fraud issues. I learned an incredible amount, and immediately started implementing some of my learnings to current investigations, and routines.
Michael L. ✅ Verified Review
CCIE Course ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I thoroughly enjoyed the CCIE course! I learned many new concepts and techniques that are transferable to my day to day work responsibilities. I would definitely tell all of my friends/colleagues about McAfee.
venetcia j. ✅ Verified Review
Just started on this course but very impressed with the amount of useful and varied information. Looking forward to progressing the course and improving my knowledge.
Harry N. ✅ Verified Review
CCIE review - Langley ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Well even with all of my experience and expertise it was great participating in this course to enhance my knowledge through a multitude of disciplines. More importantly, I have a great understanding of conducting and working with this environment, especially within a global perspective.
Stephen L. ✅ Verified Review
Excellent and relevant curriculum
Marc-Roger G. ✅ Verified Review
"It was a thorough and lengthy course covering a lot of ground. I found it very interesting and it led indirectly to teaching cybercrime investigation at my college."
Terence I. ✅ Verified Review
Certified Cyber Investigative Expert (CCIE) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great price, Excellent course, Well organized, Wealth of useful information. It's a must for any IT Professional. Vahe H.
Vahe H. ✅ Verified Review
Excellent value for employment ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
McAfee offers excellent curriculum very sector specific and engaging.
Marc-Roger G. ✅ Verified Review
Certified Cyber Investigative Expert (CCIE) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Experience was well worth the time and effort.
Al N. ✅ Verified Review
Cyber Investigation Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I enjoyed every step of the course, it really added value to me and my organization.
XAVIER S. ✅ Verified Review
the course is quite informative and is helping me daily on my day to day work in the office. I am also able to assist other law enforcement officials especially in conducting social media investigation
Halidu B.Illo ✅ Verified Review
Paulo DEBIEN ✅ Verified Review
My reaction to Certified Cyber Investigative Expert (CCIE) is overall favorable. Unfortunately I found it less interesting but more challenging than Certified Social Media Intelligence Analyst (SMIA).
Hugh Campbell ✅ Verified Review
Incredible Value ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The tremendous value that McAfee Institute provided in this course was beyond my expectations. The pdf manuals that they provide are easily worth the cost of the program. Whenever I had a question or needed assistance the staff always provide top notch customer service. They really do care about you achieving your professional goals and career advancement. Another great value they provide is 24/7 access to your course material. There are times when I am conducting an investigation and I need to refresh my skills on a particular subject. I simply go back to the course, watch the video or review the pdf manuals and the tool I need is available to me. You cannot put a price on this kind of access. I have found a few similar programs but they are limited to one year access. You cannot beat McAfee Institute for value, service and continued access to information. I recommend this course; Thank you,
Michael Morelli ✅ Verified Review
Very thorough course.
Frank Pappalardi ✅ Verified Review
A must for all professionals ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I have taken many courses over the years and this by far is the most organized and streamlined! Any cyber investigative professional would be incomplete in not taking this course. The material/books alone are worth the price alone! Ralph Hume Principal Investigator for National Intelligence Services Co-owner of Center of Forensic Profiling
Ralph Hume Jr. ✅ Verified Review
Very Comprehensive and Relevant Information ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I thoroughly enjoyed the CCIE course, the extensive amount of information that is provided in this course is phenomenal, and extremely current. This course provides the type of learning platform that is perfect for the type of individual who does not have the ability to designate set days/times for learning. I do not enjoy taking classes that only requires reading as the only learning method, McAfee Institute has done an outstanding job of integrating relevant videos into each learning
Rick Winistorfer ✅ Verified Review
Dinesh Nair ✅ Verified Review