Over the last 15 years, the world has experienced a need for competent professionals who can effectively manage complex cyber issues that threaten the assets and people of corporations, public and private institutions, and government.
To meet this need, the McAfee Institute administers the Certified Cyber Intelligence Investigator (CCII). This remarkable group of professionals has demonstrated their competency in the areas of cyber intelligence, investigations, leadership, and industry best practices through an intensive qualification and testing program. As a result, each of them is awarded the coveted designation of CCII and is recognized as leaders in their profession.
The CCII is the leading industry certification for cyber investigators in law enforcement, intelligence, loss prevention, private investigation, and fraud. The skills that you will learn by studying for the CCII will help you conduct cyber investigations and critical intelligence gathering missions quicker than ever before, with more accuracy. You will learn how to identify your person of interest, conduct timely cyber investigations, and prosecute cyber criminals regardless of their location.
You will learn topics such cyber investigations, mobile & digital forensics, e-commerce fraud, auction fraud, hacking, intelligence gathering, social media investigation methodologies, legal fundamentals and more!
Even better yet!This certification program and all the resources are completely online and self-study! No matter when you want it, where you want it, or where you are located around the world, it will be available 24/7/365.
The CCII Supports the National Cyber-Security Workforce Framework (Homeland Security)
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned with jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.
NOW IS THE TIME... JOIN THE RANKS OF THE INDUSTRIES MOST ELITE CYBER INVESTIGATORS!
I can't urge you enough to invest in yourself and your future while learning some really neat stuff along the way. Earning the industry's top certification is rigorous, challenging, and extremely fun!
Trust me when I tell you that we are going to blow your mind and teach you things that you never thought possible! It starts with the impossible and ends with the remarkable!
- Welcome to the C.C.I.I. FREE PREVIEW
- Course Guide
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- CCII Study Manual
- Understanding the Manual (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: History and Background
- Cyber Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Cyber Intelligence
- Cyber Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Intro to Cyber Investigations - Overview
- Definitive Guide to Cyber Forensics
- How Cyber Criminals Attack
- Sample Preservation Letter
- Conducting Cyber Investigations
- Cyber Investigations 101
- How to Investigate Email Headers
- Conclusion & Recap
- Prep Review Quiz: Introduction to Cyber Investigations
- Social Media Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Basic Social Media Intro FREE PREVIEW
- Facebook Search FREE PREVIEW
- Locating People on Facebook
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Search Tool
- Facebook Private Profile Information
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Mobile App
- YouTube Search
- Ethical Considerations
- Prep Review Quiz: Social Media Investigations
- An Overview of Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Defining Open Source Intelligence FREE PREVIEW
- Anatomy of Social Media
- Domain Names
- Username Workflow
- Search Engines
- Twitter Advance Searching (Examples)
- Instagram Advance Search (Examples)
- Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Auction Fraud Investigation Methodologies (Reading Assignment)
- Auction Fraud Investigations - Introduction
- Where is Auction Fraud Most Prevalent
- Fencing Vs. eFencing
- eCommerce Challenges to Investigating Fraudsters
- Prosecution Challenges
- Prosecution Requirements
- Science Meets eCrime
- Ebay The World's Largest Auction Platform
- Boosters Selling on Ebay
- Ebay Fraudsters - Let's Find Them
- Search Results Overview
- Ebay Listing Overview
- Advanced eBay Search Overview
- Auction Listing Details
- Feedback Profile Overview
- Auction Analysis for Fraud
- Feedback Systems and How Fraudsters Use Them
- Ebay Feedback Review - First 30 Days
- Craigslist Overview
- Craigslist Listings
- Craigslist Investigations
- Google Boolean Searches - Site Search
- eCrime Tip Sheet
- Quick Reference Guide
- Group Forum Discussion: eBay Investigation
- Group Forum Discussion: Craigslist Investigation
- Prep Review Quiz: Auction Fraud Investigations
- Introduction to Advanced Auction Fraud
- The Demographics of Online Fraudsters
- Trends and Patterns of Online Fraudsters
- The Profile of an Online Fraudster
- Types of Auction Fraud
- Patterns in Fraudulent Behavior
- Research Results and Types of Auction Fraud
- Analyze Fraudulent Behavior
- eBay Investigations
- eBay Auction Search Kit
- eBay and Terapeak
- Hot Topic Research on Terapeak
- eBay Investigative Tips
- Craigslist Investigation
- Craigslist Investigation Tips
- Facebook Marketplace (Oodle) Introduction
- Facebook Marketplace - Searching Individuals
- Facebook Marketplace Investigative Tips
- Google Advanced Operators
- Google Site Search: eforcity
- Google Site Search
- Meta Data
- eCommerce Laboratory
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced eCrime Investigation Methodologies
- DarkWeb (Reading Assignment)
- Introducing the TOR Project
- Getting Started with TOR (Step by Step)
- The Deep Web!
- The Deep Web (Overview)
- Exploration 1
- VPN Services
- Steps to buy and set up a VPN service to remain anonymous
- Hidden Wiki
- Black Market Links
- Deep Web Drug Markets
- Hitman and Escrow Dark Web Links
- Directories and Lists
- Tor Wiki (Resource)
- What the @#$% is a Bitcoin anyway?
- Prep Review Quiz: Deep Web
- Advanced Searching (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Advanced Searching
- Documenting Social Media Evidence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Documenting Social Media Evidence
- Identification of Deception in Social Media (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Identification of Deception
- Open Source Intelligence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Open Source Intelligence
- Understanding the Perpetrator (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Understanding the Perpetrator
- Intro to Mobile Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Acquisition
- Mobile Forensics Examination & Analysis
- Procedures and Principles
- Mobile Phone Acquisition/Examination/Reporting (Reading Assignment)
- Social Media Apps
- Facebook Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Twitter Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Instagram Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Kik Forensics on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Phone File System (Reading Assignment)
- Cyber Investigations (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Cyber Investigations 101
- Legal Fundamentals (Reading Assignment)
- Introduction to Legal Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Role as a Corporate Investigator
- Understanding Your Employees Rights
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Understanding Law Enforcement Concerns
- An Agent of the Law
- Federal Laws to Prosecute CyberCrimes
- Becoming an Expert Witness
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Summary
- Prep Review Quiz: Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
- Privacy (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Privacy
- Digital Evidence (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Digital Evidence
- Law Enforcement Efforts (Reading Assignment)
- Prep Review Quiz: Law Enforcement Efforts
- Preparing for the Exam
- Exam Application
- Final Exam: CCII
Associates degree plus two years of experience or
High school diploma or equivalency plus three years of experience.
Also, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become a CCII®. Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed background check, which may include a criminal background check and examination process. Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Cyber Intelligence Investigator (CCII)
I have no words to... ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"I have no words to express myself how happy I am! Choosing McAfee Institute for learning Certified Cyber Intelligence Investigator (CCII).
I want to thank you one more time for your great effort and amazing presentation!
Also I want to thank the Board Team and everyone who is been involved to shape a such interesting course with distinguished quality of online study.Vesna"
Vesna K. ✅ Verified Review
Great for Beginners! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I'm from Canada and I was a bit worried if it would be relevant to me or if I would be able to keep up. After a bit of information and encouragement from Michael, I decided to go through with it. I managed to complete the course in a week, and I learned so much. From fraud indicators and finding people on social media, to metadata and email headers. The reading assignments were not too difficult to understand, and the video lessons were interesting and fun. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wants a quick intro into the field, or simply want to learn more about searching on the internet and the deep web. The staff is quick to reply to inquiries, and you'll have access forever, so why not!
Sabrina L. ✅ Verified Review
Professional Development ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"The overall course material was presented in a way that made it clear and concise, even for a person having limited experience with cybersecurity. Methods for forensic and criminal investigations embarked on cutting edge practices, relevant to the ever-changing modern era of technology. User-friendly online courses are the current trend in continuing education and collegiate studies. Without question, the caliber of this program pleasantly exceeded my expectations."
Steven McNeill ✅ Verified Review
Excellent Course ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"I enjoyed taking this course for a number of reasons; getting started was very simple, the curriculum was very easy to digest and expanded on a few throngs that I thought I knew well but didn't. The videos are segmented so it helps retain the info and allows you to reference things later on much easier. The staff at McAfee are very friendly and extremely helpful to your learning experience. I will be taking many more classes with them."
Eric G. Frank ✅ Verified Review
A very Good and thorough course. If I had to do it over again, I would.
Ismail Orhan ✅ Verified Review
Overall the experience was great l! A lot of useful information that I can apply even in the world of Courier and Small Package logistics! I would recommend to anyone looking to stay relevant in this cyber world we now work and live in! Thank you team McAfee! Now onwards to earning my CORCI designation!
Cheyne C. ✅ Verified Review
Great course ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great experience. I would highly recommend it.
Mohamed Salih ✅ Verified Review
Great Course! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This was a great online course! Thank You McAfee
George C. ✅ Verified Review
Cyber Investigator Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I Have been in Law Enforcement for 31 years. Am I familiar with some of the information; yes but there was a lot of great information that I was not aware of. I would highly recommend these courses! Greg L. Goodman
Greg G. ✅ Verified Review
This course couldn't be more in demand and worth the price! ⭐⭐⭐⭐
First, this course is constructed like you are actually the investigator charged with discovering evidence of a crime using the same tools the criminals use when setting up their operation. Having assisted the US Secret Service in a hacker case in 1991, this course would have been invaluable had it been in existence back then. It covers many aspects of the internet and how using search engines and databases to follow trails left by criminals can result in arrests and/or convictions when the rules of evidence are followed. I would recommend this course highly if the student is planning on accelerating their career as the internet is fast becoming the go-to for criminals and scammers.
Greg O. ✅ Verified Review
Amazing in-depth course
Jeff H. ✅ Verified Review
Great course and of great take away material
Alfred D. ✅ Verified Review
Cyber Investigator Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great information and the material put together well! Highly recommend this course to anyone in the business!
Greg G. ✅ Verified Review
Worthwhile life investment ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"I have been a learner of McAfee for years now and it's worth every penny for the certifications. The content is current and specific to the certifications."
Marc-Roger G. ✅ Verified Review
Javier Cervantes ✅ Verified Review
Certified Cyber Intelligence Investigator (CCII) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A very well designed course - nice spread of information in the way it is presented (reading assignments and video) especially liked the ability to replay the information as often as I required. The information and steps to perform the learning tasks in the 'real world' allowed me to fully understand the processes and the methods to be successful
Denis O'Callaghan ✅ Verified Review
Good course structure and well organized. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I have been going through this course from past 5 days and completed my certification exam very smoothly, i suggest, to read the material and practice quiz sessions and that is the key to get certified, as Joshua said.
Sairam Palabindela ✅ Verified Review
Great Course ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great starter course for someone getting into this field. A few of the concepts I did not agree with but hey, that's what learning is all about.
Sam Palmer ✅ Verified Review
CCII Feedback ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This was a great course. However, I would recommend a module which covers the establishment of a mis-attrib network and tradecraft for developing undercover personas for LEO. The hand outs are fantastic.
Mario Macias ✅ Verified Review
highly recommended ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Great informative course, Very well put together for the student and on completion gives you more confidence to do your job.
Gabriel Austin ✅ Verified Review
CCII Feedback ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great Course
Tara Holter ✅ Verified Review
Sometimes you need more than Google ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I just completed the CCII course and I have to say I was impressed. A lot of my work is around Open Source Intelligence and Cyber related investigations, so not all the material was new to me. That being said the material relating to Fraud was very interesting and has made me look at sites like eBay in a totally different way. If your job is related to seeking out the truth via the internet then this course is definitely worth the time and money.
Adam Maxwell ✅ Verified Review
Great Class ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This course was a great eye opener to see many of the aspects of fraud that are all around us everyday. The concept of using many resources that are available for free or at minimal cost to execute investigations was very intriguing. Showing the tools and concepts with examples was enjoyable to watch and then executing the concepts on your own, builds a good foundation for the next generation of cyber investigators. Thanks for putting this course together.
Stan Gucwa ✅ Verified Review
Alexander Butlin ✅ Verified Review