Have you ever wondered how the world's TOP cyber investigators resolve some of the MOST prolific criminal investigations using intelligence gathered from social media?
It's because they train with us!
The Best of the Best from the FBI, Secret Service, DOJ, Homeland Security, and thousands more attend this incredible board certification program each year to enhance their skill-sets, knowledge, & credibility, and we would love for you to become an SMIA today!
The SMIA Online Board Certification will keep you on the edge of your seat teaching you the most advanced and state-of-the-art intelligence and investigative methodologies employed by our nation's most elite cyber investigators! We are taking over 25 years of hands-on experience from the Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement Levels and Military Intelligence Sectors conducting social media investigations and sharing with you, our insights into what contributes to their success and failures.
The SMIA™ credential is tough and demanding, but fun to study. You will learn and grow with this phenomenal certification, and even better yet, it's all online. There are no boring theory lectures here. It’s all how-to-based tutorials, videos, and personal mentorship which helps you to actually utilize the learning’s coming from the training program and be highly effective in your organization and/or agency as you progress.
The SMIA™ Certification program contains ten modules which are consistent with the competencies needed to pass the renowned SMIA™ exam. You earn 35 CPE credits for completing this program. The modules are self-study available at your own pace and schedule. Study as you see fit, anywhere, and at any time.
What am I going to learn
- You will learn how to investigate & gather intelligence on the top social media platforms around the world.
- You will learn how to investigate metadata, digital evidence, and email headers
- You will learn how to investigate video chat platforms, dating sites, and more.
- You will learn the proper ways of securing a computer or mobile device for evidence
- You will learn all of the legal fundamentals both criminally and civilly to conducting social media investigations.
Who Should Attend?
- Loss Prevention Professionals
- Law Enforcement
- Private Investigators
- Human Resources Professionals
- Intelligence Professionals
- Fraud Investigators
Official SMIA e-Courseware: ($1497 Value)
Official SMIA Online Exam License: ($997 Value)
Official SMIA Prep Review Quizzes: ($497 Value)
Official SMIA Digital Study Guide: ($350 Value)
Credential Earned: Board Certification
Availability: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
Nationally Recognized Credential: NASBA, NICE & More
Live Mentors: Available 9-6PM CST via Chat
Bonus Items for Enrolling Today:
Exam Guarantee: Pass it or try again on us! Conditions Apply (Value $997)
KeepSake: Diploma, Padded Cover, Transcripts (Value $300)
Unlimited Access to our New Career Center: (Value $1200)
Unlimited Coaching and Mentoring: (Value $2400)
Maintaining the Credential:
You have to renew the board certification every two years, once you are certified. The cost is $125 for an additional two years. CPE requirements are listed here.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of experience in fraud, investigations, IT, law enforcement, forensics, criminal justice, law, and/or loss prevention or
- Associates degree plus two years of experience as stated above or
- High school diploma or GED plus four years of experience as stated above
In addition, a person convicted of a felony, any crime of moral turpitude or misdemeanor relating to honesty, theft, embezzlement, fraud or the like shall be ineligible to become an SMIA®. Applicant must provide a copy of certified transcript of education ONLY if using college degree rather than experience to qualify.
Applicant must successfully pass the prescribed criminal background check.
Falsification or omission of information on the application form will be reason enough to disqualify an applicant from becoming or remaining a Certified Social Media Intelligence Analyst.
Welcome to the Board Certified Social Media Intelligence Analyst
- Introduction to SMIA
- Group Forum Discussion: Introduce Yourself!
- SMIA Manual
- Code of Ethics
Basic Social Media Investigations
- Intro to Basic Social Media
- Facebook Search
- Locating People on Facebook
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Search Tool
- Facebook Private Information
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Mobile App
- YouTube Search
- Google+ Search
- Ethical Considerations
- Module 2 Quiz: Basic Social Media Investigations
Advanced Social Media Investigations
- An Overview of Advanced Social Media Investigations
- Defining Open Source Intelligence
- A World of Sock Puppets
- Domain Names
- Username Workflow
- Search Engines
- Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- Module 3 Quiz: Advanced Social Media Investigations
Chatting Up Your Person of Interest
- Introduction to Video Chat Platforms
- Skype Sign Up
- Web Platform and Features
- Skype App and Searching
- Google Hangouts Intro
- Google Plus
- Hangouts Tutorial
- Google Hangouts Mobile
- Oovoo Chat Window
- Module 4 Quiz: Chatting Up Your Person of Interest
What Do We Do With Dating Sites
- Dating Site Introduction
- Doing a Basic Search on Plenty of Fish
- Plenty of Fish Advanced Search
- Searching for a Username on Plenty of Fish
- Searching the Forums in Plenty of Fish
- Match.com Login and Overview
- Match.com Search Functions
- What about Google Site Search
- Module 5 Quiz: What Do We Do With Dating Sites
Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Resources
- Introduction to Legal Fundamentals
- Understanding Your Role as a Corporate Investigator
- Understanding Your Employees Rights
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Understanding Law Enforcement Concerns
- An Agent of the Law
- Federal Laws to Prosecute CyberCrimes
- Becoming an Expert Witness
- Dauberts Standards, What is it?
- Common Task of an Expert Witness
- Preparing to Become an Expert Witness
- Your Role as a Consultant
- How to Prepare Your Testimony for Court
- Preparing Forensic and Computer Evidence
- Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations Summary
- Module 6 Quiz: Legal Fundamentals of Cyber Investigations
Email Headers and Digital Forensics
- Cyber Forensics (Reading Assignment)
- Investigating Email Crimes: The Who, What, When, and Where!
- What do we do?
- Email Header Information
- Mobile Forensics Part 1
- Mobile Forensics Part 2
- Module 7 Quiz: Email Headers and Digital Forensics
SMIA Final Exam
- Preparing For The Exam
- Exam Application
- Final Exam: SMIA