Military Admissions Advisor
THE MCAFEE INSTITUTE IS THE WORLD'S PREMIER PROVIDER OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & INDUSTRY-RENOWNED CERTIFICATIONS FOR THE LAW ENFORCEMENT, INTELLIGENCE & INVESTIGATIVE SECTORS.
We empower industry professionals with relevant real-world training to enhance their professional credentials and skillsets. We provide online courses & board certifications in the areas of Cyber Investigations, Intelligence, Counterintelligence, eCommerce Fraud, Loss Prevention, Digital & Mobile Forensics, Fraud Investigations, Cyber Crime, Human Trafficking, Deception Detection, Criminal Investigations, Leadership & more.
Our Admissions team continues to expand to support our prospective students. If you have prior experience in the military, recruitment, admissions, client services or sales consulting and consider some of your strengths to be in your communication, relationship-building, follow-through, accountability, change management, and teamwork competencies, you are encouraged to apply!
Our Admissions Advisor opportunity will play a key role in bringing new students into our certification programs and providing them with the opportunity to achieve their goals. You will serve as a recruiter, advisor, admissions rep, and guide in the journeys of our prospective student learners.
Admissions Advisors assist qualified potential students through the admissions process in an efficient, professional, and supportive manner. Admissions Advisors set appointments, conduct in-depth interviews and provide accurate information regarding McAfee Institute programs in order to assist potential students in identifying the McAfee Institute program that will best meet their needs.
This is an onsite position in St Louis, MO area. Relocation is not offered for this role as we are seeking local candidates only.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with regional military bases, units, and commands and conducts information sessions to promote the university and its programs.
- Cold-calling and Prospecting New Students
- Works with military funding programs like VR&E, GI Bill, Credentialling Assistance, COOL, and Exam Reimbursement.
- Works collaboratively with regional admissions representatives and provides them with training and support on recruiting military and veteran students.
- Represents the Institute at various recruiting events and activities, including educational events and college fairs, to encourage prospective military and veteran students to apply to and enroll at the university; analyzes the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Conducts initial enrollment interviews, when possible, with prospective students to determine their program of study and preferred method of learning (on-campus or online) and to provide information on the Institute's enrollment process and requirements for admission.
- Communicates regularly with military and veteran applicants and employs a collaborative approach to problem-solving their questions or concerns, including addressing deployment issues; maintains records of communication with applicants and enrollees per department guidelines.
- Assists in identifying and establishing military educational partnership opportunities
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of military and veteran educational benefits and stays abreast of changing regulations, policies, and procedures that may affect military and veteran students.
- Performs other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful experience in sales, marketing, public relations, recruitment or another related field strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience to include appointment setting, interviewing, relationship building, client services, commitment to follow-up skills, coordinating programs and events, etc.
- Prior military experience is strongly preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passionate about helping others achieve their educational and career goals.
- Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective computer skills as well as familiarity with the professional use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
What does McAfee Institute have to offer?
- A focus on students and academic excellence
- Professional work environment
- Talented and committed co-workers
- An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills, and professional network
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Position is Full-time Salaried Role (Approx. 48-55 hours a week)
8:30AM - 6:00PM CST
On call availability required: a few evenings a week and 2 weekends a month to help with remote customer service via mobile chat from 6:00-9:00PM and 9-9CST on weekends when scheduled.
Salary & Benefits
- Base Salary: 40k-50k/year depending on experience plus Uncapped Commission, Qrtrly and Yearly Bonus Eligible. Total comp approx. 65-75k/year.
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Paid Medical 100%
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Vacations/Trips/ Fringe Benefits
Please respond to this posting for immediate consideration with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.